For my exam i've got to make a case study on climate change's affect on Tuvalu. I've got to find why it's happening, how can it be stopped and the affects on its society.
Rising sea levels in Tuvalu Watch
- Thread Starter
- 05-12-2010 13:04
- 05-12-2010 14:10
- 09-12-2010 17:07
How to stop its effects (Options available to low lieing islands such as tuvalu)
• Relocation – move people to a close country
• Changing behaviour – settle people in less vunerable areas
• Technological solutions – Use flood barriers
• Adapdation – Create GM crops
• Change the threat- Move elsewhere
• Seek help Join the UN
What it is happening?
Sea levels rise because of thermo expansion of the water( water rises as it gets hotter)
it affects low areas such as tuvalu. this is made worse by people taking things away from the beach to build homes
- 09-12-2010 18:27
I heard if everyone if the UK stopped skimming stones when the went to the beach the sea levels would actually constantly drop.
im pretty sure thats true, it makes sense.