Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else struggle with C1?
    We just started C2 last week and have got to chapter 2 and im doing good. The thing is, until the begining of the month my attendance in maths was only 30% so i missed A LOT of work. Iv only done upto chapter 5 and barely get any of the stuff.
    Do you think its possible for me to catch up or am i dooooommmmeeed?
    Im really annoyed as i was too busy getting medical work ecperience to pay attention to my grades and now its already christmas!!
    Should i drop maths?
    Or is it possible to still get my A*?

ReputationRep:
    I struggled with maths until I borrowed a book from school and taught it to myself. At this point in year 12, I had no idea about C1 or C2, but I caught up and got A*. So there's still time if you are determined
    I don't know if it's the same for you, but anything explained to me orally goes in one ear and straight out the other, I need it written down.

ReputationRep:
    Same as above. I got 34% in my C1 mock, 26% in my C2 Mock and 17% in my S1 mock, I ended up getting 99, 95 and 71. I didn't learn anything in the lessons, basically worked through the content at home and at the library with similarly struggling mates. It's not too late, you can still get good grades, you can certainly still get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    You could easily learn C1 in a couple of weeks. If you're finding C1 hard, C4 is going to be a struggle mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you're entered for the January exam? C1 is easy to go over - Chapter 5 is the hardest (was for me anyway) also don't depend entirely on the book as it is too simplified, do the exercises but after each chapter look at all questions from past papers as it'll help you massively You'll be fine, you got a whole 2 weeks cover it yet!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everone...
    On whhich thread would i post questions that i need help with?
    Again, thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

ReputationRep:
    Talk to teachers maybe? If they're half decent, they'll be willing to help you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.