Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This video I found shows a muslim being told the truth by a radio presenter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkB8DGKoxQw

A thread was started yesterday by myself with this video as the discussion point. I would however like to start a new thread, addressing some of the things that the muslims were saying about the video:

1) They claimed that the DJ was making generalisations.
    At 5:27 he specifically says "I understand that these blood-thirsty Islamic murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims". Secondly, he never says "all muslims....etc", he only gives specific examples.

2) Some muslims in the last thread claimed he had no proof that things like the examples he gave happened.
    Look them up on the internet for yourself, as well as other things for that matter. Everyone knows that things like what the DJ described happen everyday.

3) Alot of muslims said that the extremists don't represent the majority of muslims.
    Yes, we all think we know that. However why is it, then, that when I load a video up like this, I am the one who gets attacked verbally, as well as other users who have the courage to say that the DJ does represent the opinions of alot of people. Why, as muslims, do alot of you behave in the exact way that we are all used to when Islam is criticised, and the way the DJ predicts?

4) I must be uneducated.
    I don't quite know why Muslims keep saying this, but it is a tactic I have seen time and time again to try and shut people up, as a way of moving the thread away from the truths said in the video to something else. What I will say is this, if you have to be uneducated in order to stand up for what you believe is right, and try to have a mature discussion on here rather than get violent, then me as well as the majority of the western world is uneducated. But it would also seem that this ex-muslim is also uneducated (the woman) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQzuFrMRA3M

5) Essentially all muslims said that the caller didn't have time to speak.
    The caller made a few points and the DJ, quite frankly, answered them in a way that suggests he got straight to the point, not the usual 'beating around the bush' which is usually the way when you criticise Islam and try and speak about it, an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQ7xJAGfks

6) I must be racist!
    OK firstly Islam isn't a race, and any attempt by a muslim to stitch togeather an argument to try and demonstrate that it is clearly going to be illogical. Secondly, thinking that a minority cannot be brought to account, and cannot be criticised, simply because they are a minority, is more bias than anything I've ever heard. Branding people a racist/etc is not going to be a tactic that people will fall for to shut them up and cover up the truth.

MODERATORS: You made a good decision to close the last thread, because it was turning into an insulting thread (mainly coming from the muslim side it must be said). However please do not close this thread as soon as you see it, because there is no reason for it.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Funny, why are there not muslims rolling all over this, or, heaven forbid, actually agreeing with me?

ReputationRep:
    Double uh oh

EDIT: ooh 200

Because you've pre-empted everything that any of them was every going to say in your OP.

No Muslim has anything intellectual to add this debate.

ReputationRep:
      I agree. People are so thin-skinned. Unfortunately when Europeans criticise Islam it's taken as racial abuse. :rolleyes:

This thread is quite pointless in that it will end the same way, though.

What's the point of this thread again?

ReputationRep:
        Haha, oh wow. That radio presenter is a complete moron, cutting him off mid-point and pretty much being a ignorant ****er.

ReputationRep:
        And the presenter pretty much gets owned himself as soon as he finishes his point.

ReputationRep:
        If the last thread turned into an insulting and pointless discussion, what made you think this one would turn out different?

Oh, ans insert a " Muslim terrorist are bad people but do not represent the opinions of most Muslims, and Muslims and Israel are of equal blame for the problems in the middle east" comment here.

ReputationRep:
        The previous thread was a disaster. I've no reason to suspect that this thread will be any different.

[Thread Locked]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.