The Student Room Group

Help, its happening all over again! :(

There is a guy who I have known for 2 years now (over the internet), and last year I started to talk to him as a friend on fb. Long story cut short, it got to a point where he wanted to meet me in person and go onto the next stage by making it into a solid relationship. That for me was a shock and I got really worried because he can be patronising at times. So I told him last year that we should stop talking and that I dont ever want to talk to him again. He got rrally mad and said it wasnt fair. Still I left.

So then yday he added me on fb again and I didnt know what to do so accepted! And we started to talk and he is really nice and all but I know if I continue to talk to him it will turn out into a horrible situation again!

So what do I do? Block and delete him without telling him or carry on talking and tell him gradually that I am not interested? I get this rrally butterfly/scared feeling about him :frown:
any advice is appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol
Re-accepting him was fine, and catching up last night by chatting was also fine. Just don't talk to him much more if you don't want what happened last time to happen again. Just ignore him if he pops up on chat. Just because he's on your friends list, doesn't mean you need to talk all the time or even at all!
Reply 3
Original post by littlehobbit
Re-accepting him was fine, and catching up last night by chatting was also fine. Just don't talk to him much more if you don't want what happened last time to happen again. Just ignore him if he pops up on chat. Just because he's on your friends list, doesn't mean you need to talk all the time or even at all!

So true. There are girls on my friend list who ignore me when I start a chat with them. :closedeyes:
If I were you I'd just delete him and don't accept his friend request if he tries to add you again.

You don't know him in real life, so if he's making you feel uncomfortable just do whatever makes you feel better :smile:
you don't know him in real life. It's a bit pointless in this case. Unless you see him as a really good friend after your past conversations..... just be a bit more distant, don't fall into the same trap, I'd be wary of him
Original post by Anonymous
There is a guy who I have known for 2 years now (over the internet), and last year I started to talk to him as a friend on fb. Long story cut short, it got to a point where he wanted to meet me in person and go onto the next stage by making it into a solid relationship. That for me was a shock and I got really worried because he can be patronising at times. So I told him last year that we should stop talking and that I dont ever want to talk to him again. He got rrally mad and said it wasnt fair. Still I left.

So then yday he added me on fb again and I didnt know what to do so accepted! And we started to talk and he is really nice and all but I know if I continue to talk to him it will turn out into a horrible situation again!

So what do I do? Block and delete him without telling him or carry on talking and tell him gradually that I am not interested? I get this rrally butterfly/scared feeling about him :frown:

Wait hold on...what has he actually done wrong to freak you out in the first place?
Reply 7

Hi, delete him. You dont even know him. Anything can happen to you, delete him and never talk to him again no matter how much requests he sends you, he'll get bored of it. :smile:
Reply 8

Do you think he's a pedophile or something?
Reply 9
marry him
Reply 10
yes, because the internet is ONLY for pedos/perverts/rapists/murders

and real life has none of those types of people.

idiots !!! spend hours talking to someone and get shocked that they want to meet you?
Reply 11
If its any help when on facebook change your online chat to "Go offline", if problems persist which i believe they may do, then may be best to block this person.
Do they have other forms of communication with you, phones etc.
Original post by vee3
yes, because the internet is ONLY for pedos/perverts/rapists/murders

and real life has none of those types of people.

idiots !!! spend hours talking to someone and get shocked that they want to meet you?

Hear Hear!
Most sense i have heard all day on this site..."Oh no, this guy i always talk to suddenly wants to meet me...he is gonna rape meee/murder/everything...

Listen i have met girls off the internet and they were always proper, but i dont get you girls..you freak out because someone you have been speaking to for ages wants to meet...i mean its a bit of a no brainer..the question was bound to come along at some point.

If you didntw ant this you should of talked less, showed little interest in talking and not leading him on..as thats what i assume happened.

Girls are soo stuck up it's insane....Don't lead people on if you are not going to go with it!
Reply 13
Original post by TranceEnergy1989
Hear Hear!
Most sense i have heard all day on this site..."Oh no, this guy i always talk to suddenly wants to meet me...he is gonna rape meee/murder/everything...

Listen i have met girls off the internet and they were always proper, but i dont get you girls..you freak out because someone you have been speaking to for ages wants to meet...i mean its a bit of a no brainer..the question was bound to come along at some point.

If you didntw ant this you should of talked less, showed little interest in talking and not leading him on..as thats what i assume happened.

Girls are soo stuck up it's insane....Don't lead people on if you are not going to go with it!

Since we're here, what irks me is when girls do this

Accept you on facebook, you say hi/comment on a pic and then blocked/deleted

it's like. "oh you can look at my pics and make my look popular just don't talk to me"
Original post by vee3
Since we're here, what irks me is when girls do this

Accept you on facebook, you say hi/comment on a pic and then blocked/deleted

it's like. "oh you can look at my pics and make my look popular just don't talk to me"

Damn straight! all 100% true....majority of girls have a metal rod stuck up their backsides...especially in london

My mate a few weeks ago approached a girl and she said something like "who do you think you are talking to me!?"...wow
Reply 15
Original post by TranceEnergy1989
Damn straight! all 100% true....majority of girls have a metal rod stuck up their backsides...especially in london

My mate a few weeks ago approached a girl and she said something like "who do you think you are talking to me!?"...wow

I'm not trying to generalise, but whenever I go to London the public usually act pretty coldly, so I'm not surprised. :P
....what's rrally?.... :P
Original post by No Man
I'm not trying to generalise, but whenever I go to London the public usually act pretty coldly, so I'm not surprised. :P

Well from what i have witnessed in all the time i have been here, London girls are the worst but the country as a whole has a problem.
Girls in london though seem to think they are above anyone else, not all of course but i say the majority that i know anyway....it's odd because when i talk to foreign women they are so open and happy to talk to you...says a lot really.
Reply 18
Poor guy. 2 years! Then I don't ever want to talk to you again. Jeez! :rolleyes:
Reply 19

Please don't be offended, but you come across a bit precious here. He's taken quality time to get to know you, and as soon as he's mentioned a relationship you've just turned around and said "don't ever talk to me again" without even telling him your reason.

Nobody's perfect, if that he can be patronising is the only flaw you can find, you could do a lot worse.

I take it you do enjoy talking to him? Since the topic's already come up, you can bring it up easily: say to him that you're sorry for your behaviour (if you really were as insensitive as you've written on here) and also sorry that you won't ever see him in that way.

If he still wants to talk to you as friends, that's his choice.

If you don't want to talk to him, do the above, but say, "I think it is best if we don't talk. I don't want to lead you on."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending