Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's been a lot of rumours going around about who'll be playing this July. So far the only band as we know is the Foo Fighters, and I have a strong suscpision that the Red Hot Chili Peppers will also headline due to the arrival of their new album. I think there's also a chance of Green Day. MCR or Biffy Clyro doing so, as both have albums coming out around then. Personally I'm really happy that the Foo Fighters are headlining, as they're one of my favourite bands of all time and Dave is my hero, but most people I know are pretty miffed they and I can understand that people have different opinions but remember that TITP is mainly a ROCK festival, not a pop concert.
    So what about you? Who do you think will headline as well? Are you pissed that the Foo's are a Fightin'? What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sooo happy that the foo fighters are headlining Time to bring back a bit of rock to TITP. I've heard rumours of Blink 182, which would make me very very happy. Seen them live this summer they were incredible. Biffy Clyro also HAVE to headline I expect Paolo Nutini will be there, well he'd better be anyway haha. Greenday and MCR sounds good to me, getting sooo excited already.

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would give this thread a bump seeing as the line up is released on Tuesday

ReputationRep:

Hmm looks pretty ****e this year.

Only ones I'd consider seeing are

Tinie Tempah, Deadmau5, Bloody Beets, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Chase and Status, Pendulum and OCS.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is really good! No one else seems to agree though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    I think it is really good! No one else seems to agree though.
    Coldplay and blink :mute:.

Ach, it was always going to take a lot of effort to top last years line up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Coldplay and blink :mute:.

Ach, it was always going to take a lot of effort to top last years line up.
    I think it is fantastic that TITP has returned to being what it really is- a rock festival. Last year had one too many mainstream R&B artists for my liking. Hopefully it will attract a better crowd than the chavs who went last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    I think it is fantastic that TITP has returned to being what it really is- a rock festival. Last year had one too many mainstream R&B artists for my liking. Hopefully it will attract a better crowd than the chavs who went last year.
    I totally agree. I would rather have the odd scene kid there for MCR than the neds there form eminem.

Most looking forward to Blink (obvs), Foo's, Jimmy eat world, all time low, you me at six, my chem and white lies. Oooooft I can't wait.

Was hoping for Kanye though. That would be the only hip-hop act I'd be willing to see.

ReputationRep:
    I want Kanye West to headline and the xx to headline (both different days, obviously) and I would like Skream, Benga, and some more top class DJs to inhabit the tents across the weekend. I would only leave the tents to get food/drink/go to toilet and to see Kanye and xx.

Wishful thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    I totally agree. I would rather have the odd scene kid there for MCR than the neds there form eminem.

Most looking forward to Blink (obvs), Foo's, Jimmy eat world, all time low, you me at six, my chem and white lies. Oooooft I can't wait.

Was hoping for Kanye though. That would be the only hip-hop act I'd be willing to see.
    aye coz you're going to get odd scene kinds there for arctic monkeys, plan B, tinie tempah eh :erm:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)

Boke boke boke.

Last years lineup was immense. I wouldn't pay the money to go this year!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.