Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a list of unis ranked based on quality of their PPE dept(or similar) in terms of teachings, job prospects, prestige etc.

I need a variety so that I know which to apply for my safety.

Also, does anyone know if its hard to get into York?

Oh dear lord I'm so worried.

ReputationRep:
    This will help you.

However, as Paulwhy admits, for PPE the UCAS points measure on that doesn't make much sense. It takes an average of the people doing any degree in the individual departments. For York, particularly, this makes little sense, as there is a specific, different department, the School of PEP, for those who do PPE, either of the PEs, and PP, so their UCAS tariffs (significantly higher than those for the individual subject departments) aren't taken into account at all.

Generally, in terms of prestige/reputation of the course:

Oxford
    Warwick/York
    Durham

Manchester

[the rest]

York isn't VERY easy to get in - but it's also not ridiculously difficult. You'll need straight A predictions (and probably straight As at AS). They pretty much require an AS in Maths now, and you'll need a good PS too. However, you may not have one of the above and still get an offer. It depends just how competitive any particular year is.

The course here is excellent, though. The teaching is very good, on the whole. The job prospects are great for any of the top 5 PPE unis - assuming you get at least a 2.i and have reasonable ECs.

If you have any further questions about PPE at York, feel free to ask (PM or otherwise).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.