Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What marks are you getting in first year? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey guys would just love to see if there is anyone else feeling a bit put off by the marks they're getting. So far out of three essays i've got 51, 58 and 63. Everyone around me seems to be getting continued solid 2:2s which is making me feel like perhaps i'm not cut out for the course! Anyone else dealing with the world of the humble 2:2 ?

ReputationRep:
    ME. I got 57 on one of my assessed essays, 2.2. Got 61 on my other which is 2.1 but still... I keep feeling very demotivated but I think it's due to the fact that I don't enjoy these modules at all. Don't enjoy medieval history - only one of my modules is modern and I've been getting 65 and 69 for that one, which kinda shows I'm enjoying the modern ones more.

Don't worry, it is only our first term after all

ReputationRep:
    Highest I got was 90%.
    Lowest- 22% :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Usually C1's for essays, which is pissing me off (High 2.2) and one B2 (Mid 2.1) for a presentation.Barely written an essay before coming here though, and there was a large gap between high-school and university.
    Taking an "academic skills" course in January to try and remedy this.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    We don't get 2:2s and such at the minute, Glasgow is a little funny like that, but here are my grades anyway...

B1 in only assessed essay we've got back so far (Eng Lit)
    A1 in test (44/46 yeahhhh!) but it was online assessment and it was open book... (Eng Lang)
    Reckon have got a C2 in essay I'm yet to get back (Sociology)

Exams starting next week, reckon will get Bs in Eng Lit and Sociology, reckon should get an A in Eng Lang

ReputationRep:
    I've handed in 3 essays so far.......no results yet :sad:

ReputationRep:
    The lowest I got was 74%, the highest was 100, which I got on two occasions (I'm the biggests stats geek going.) Averaged 78.5%, most of them were around the 75% mark.

ReputationRep:
    100%, 57%, 30%, 37% and I'm waiting for one more test result. I know what my problem is though, I just need to manage my time alot better and not spend so long on one question

ReputationRep:
    Soo.. how on earth are people getting 100/100 (unless it's a science/maths test)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanoo)
    Highest I got was 90%.
    Lowest- 22% :teehee:
    Arh, arh, arh!!! I though my 30 was bad. Still got an essay to pick up which I keep forgetting about. After my 30% essay I'm kinda scared to do so =/

Thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    lowest ive got was differential equations - 25 %. oops. but it wasnt a core module so didnt have to retake it in first year i ended up with an average of 47% hopefully going to work harder this year and get a 2:1. dont worry to much about first year, it really doesnt matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    Arh, arh, arh!!! I though my 30 was bad. Still got an essay to pick up which I keep forgetting about. After my 30% essay I'm kinda scared to do so =/

Thanks for that
    :cool: NP. It was a mini test. wasn't worth much, like 1% of my 1st year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanoo)
    :cool: NP. It was a mini test. wasn't worth much, like 1% of my 1st year.
    Dunno how much it was worth in my first year but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    During my first year lowest I got was 35% (due to not handing in an essay) and the highest I got was 76%, overall I ended up with 67% average so a pretty decent 2:1. My other marks were, 57,65,75,67,72, 73.

It does depend on your subject and don't worry since first year is the year it's ok to make mistakes and get used to revising or writing essays to university standard, its the year you can experiment to see what works and what doesn't and get help before it starts affect your degree classification.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think i've got a 0 twice for handing things in late and not being organised with work i had already done now i'm having a panic.The rest of my marks aren't bad.Wouldn't worry too much a 2.2 is quite good its the first term and we're all still getting used to uni .

ReputationRep:
    I don't know yet, because the tutorials I would have got my essays back in were cancelled last week.
    I've been getting +85% in all my grammar tests, though.

ReputationRep:
    Only had one assessment back and I got 66% in that, so not too bad, still waiting for one back and handing in two next week.

ReputationRep:
    I've only had two graded assignments, the first one I got 58%, I knew it was rubbish when I handed it in but was still disappointed with that mark so I tried really hard on the second one and got 70%. Hopefully I can keep that up now... :-/

ReputationRep:
    2:1 in pretty much everything I've submitted. Had a progress meeting with my Director of Studies and the resounding feedback from supervisors is that I can easily get Firsts if I just include more details and examples in essays (as I do tend to rush my essays last minute).

For assessed practicals, I've been averaging around 85%-ish.

I'm really happy with this as I've been putting in about 20% effort, so it's chilling :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    I think in my first year I got marks around the 62-89 area.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.