Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

www.software4students.co.uk - genuine?????? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok, so im looking to unpgrade my current microsoft offcie package - looking around, the home and student 2010 package retails at about £109. so why is this website offering a professional version, which is ALOT more expensive than the standard home and student, for only £38.95.. something doesnt feel quite rytt..

on the microsoft website, they sell the same pakage to students for about £50 but if its cheaper on this website, should i really go along and purchase??? wat does everyone else think?? anyone purchased from hereee beforee??

ReputationRep:
    yep, it's fine

ReputationRep:
    yeah its cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    yep, it's fine
    hmmmm but wat makes u sooo certain?? i hav to pay oer the internet, so i would have to give my card details....

ReputationRep:
    Yea I got the full microsoft office thing for like £30

ReputationRep:
    I've used them before, without any major issues.

Do you need to use Microsoft office, or would open office suffice (a free and similar, although not as comprehensive piece of freeware available from http://www.openoffice.org ). It's legal and not made by microsoft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I've used them before, without any major issues.

Do you need to use Microsoft office, or would open office suffice (a free and similar, although not as comprehensive piece of freeware available from http://www.openoffice.org ). It's legal and not made by microsoft.
    major issues???

hmm id rather get office than something which is similar, and for £38 me thinks its a good deall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_mee_x)
    major issues???

hmm id rather get office than something which is similar, and for £38 me thinks its a good deall
    Why don't you try open office and see if you like it or not. And then if you do, you've saved £38. If you don't you could still buy the office package.

And I said without any major issues, as in when I used the website I didn't have any major cause for concern.

ReputationRep:
    ok, so im looking to unpgrade my current microsoft offcie package - looking around, the home and student 2010 package retails at about £109. so why is this website offering a professional version, which is ALOT more expensive than the standard home and student, for only £38.95.. something doesnt feel quite rytt..

on the microsoft website, they sell the same pakage to students for about £50 but if its cheaper on this website, should i really go along and purchase??? wat does everyone else think?? anyone purchased from hereee beforee??
    Software4students is a well known site that delivers genuine Microsoft products to students, offering them extremely good value for money. Microsoft actually has been retailing its Office products in a similar fashion for students, for some time now (although software4students are offering a better price than Microsoft's (now rebranded) Ultimate Steal).

ReputationRep:
    I've used it before, it's definitely genuine.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, as i've just ordered Microsoft Office Pro from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_maz)
    hmm im thinking of getting it aswell.. Acerbic: can you write back on this after you've got, if everything's fine ? I'm not sure if i should trust it or not lol

thanksss
    Did you not read the thread? Or search on google for reviews? Seriously its 100% legit.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm but wat makes u sooo certain?? i hav to pay oer the internet, so i would have to give my card details....
    I got my MAC office from it. So yeah, its legit. My ICT department recommended it to me.

ReputationRep:

It's legitimate, done it with 2007 great

ReputationRep:
    I have now lol.. can you download it onto Windows 7 Starter cause thats the operating system on my netbook ?
    Just get OpenOffice.

http://www.openoffice.org/

It's free, it's very user friendly and best of all it's opensource!

ReputationRep:
    I have now lol.. can you download it onto Windows 7 Starter cause thats the operating system on my netbook ?
    Yep, office 10 is compatible with windows 7

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    It works fine, my step dad used it to get cheap software via me D=

ReputationRep:
    ya, its good to use- ordered a proggie called microsoft math a 2 years ago i think- great for checking stuff.

ReputationRep:
    its cool, you can go for it...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.