Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My laptop won't connect to internet after I turned the Sky hub off and on again. :S Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have ADVENT 5421 laptop which has been working fine on internet. It has Vista Basic. I was using the internet two days ago it was working fine. Then my boyfriend turned the SKY hub off and turn it on again so that his PS3 can be connected to PSNetwork. =.=

Yeah, since then i was unable to connect to internet on my laptop, the wireless network shows up on the network and sharing centre but it does not show on the page that has all the wireless network available in the area. So I cannot connect to it

Any suggestion people?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Turn SkyHub off and on again?

Or if you know the name of the network you can normally search for it even if it's hidden
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Turn SkyHub off and on again?

Or if you know the name of the network you can normally search for it even if it's hidden
    Yeah he turned the router off and on again

I will try that thank you. Hope it works!

ReputationRep:
    Did you configure your own router password when you set your router up? Sometimes when you turn off your router it can reset to its factory-set password (which should be present on a label on the router itself). Try plugging your laptop directly into the router and setting your wireless up again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.