Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing it's probably too late to get a Xmas Temp job? Thing is, I work 9-5 at the moment (min wage), and want to get another weekend job. Seems like I may have missed the boat with Xmas Temps - which then means they're not likely to be hiring 'normal' staff at the moment either? Boo!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Xmas temps tend to hired around October/November
    Vue is the only place I can think of that hires this late on, although that might just be where I live.

I applied for my Xmas temp place in September :p:

ReputationRep:
    Duh. Ofc it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but that doesn't stop you trying.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of xmas temp jobs around here end of the 24th, so yeah. Some places are still hiring though, always worth trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    Loads of xmas temp jobs around here end of the 24th, so yeah. Some places are still hiring though, always worth trying.
    Like where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango189)
    Like where?
    Assuming you're referring to the second sentence...Asda, Sainsburys, Greggs, Royal Mail and local pubs and bars are hiring around here that I know of.

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying for Xmas jobs since September, but keep getting rejected :emo:. I've still being seeing a few advertised at the moment, but not much. But if you do happen to see any, it's worth trying for it still.

ReputationRep:
    how do you apply royal mail any ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    how do you apply royal mail any ideas
    I think they do it on their website..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.