Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much should I revise for all 3 sciences and maths exam in january? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths S1 exams in january, with edexcel for As. How much should I revise from tomorrow. Considering weekdays and weekends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oggydude)
    I have Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths S1 exams in january, with edexcel for As. How much should I revise from tomorrow. Considering weekdays and weekends.
    so glaad you asked this, i need help regarding the same thing, im not even sure HOW im suppose to start revising, and im doin exactly the same as you except for maths, i do re,

i think im gnna start to make mind maps and revision cards, from today, already started on the bio and its killing me

ReputationRep:
    make a revision time table and stick to it

ReputationRep:
    All you need is pro plus, a fan and no social life for at least 2 weeks. You may get depressed, but you'll get all A's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambrin ox)
    so glaad you asked this, i need help regarding the same thing, im not even sure HOW im suppose to start revising, and im doin exactly the same as you except for maths, i do re,

i think im gnna start to make mind maps and revision cards, from today, already started on the bio and its killing me
    haha i wanted to do re but my school doesnt do it.

ReputationRep:

ive started to do past paper downloaded from the website and goin through the mark scheme once i have finished

for c1 and s1 your best bet is do do solomon papers which are harder than the real ones so come Jan you should cruise pm me if you want a zip file with c1,c2 and s1 solomon papers

ReputationRep:
    At least 4 hours a day. One subject each day worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    haha i wanted to do re but my school doesnt do it.
    believe me you havent missed out on much, too much to learn and the essays are beyond difficult, i have a feeling jan exams are gonna go badly

ReputationRep:
    We can't really help you with how YOU need to revise. Everyone revises differently and everyone revises different amounts. Some people revise a little every day, other revise a lot every few days, while others revise EVERYTHING a week before the exam. And if it works for them so be it; but just because it works for them does not mean it will work for you. You know yourself better than anyone and so revise how it works for you and what you feel most comfortable with. "I don't know how to revise" isn't an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashmoneyorg)
    ive started to do past paper downloaded from the website and goin through the mark scheme once i have finished

for c1 and s1 your best bet is do do solomon papers which are harder than the real ones so come Jan you should cruise pm me if you want a zip file with c1,c2 and s1 solomon papers
    i did that for bio, and its proving more difficult then physics, its too much information to take in, and there are soo many "how science works" questions

ReputationRep:
    believe me you havent missed out on much, too much to learn and the essays are beyond difficult, i have a feeling jan exams are gonna go badly
    same and I want to do medicine so I need A's

ReputationRep:
    snap!! im hoping for the same too, medicine is already competitive and taking retakes, i dread the thought of it! eek:ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    Biology isnt too bad, just make sure you learn the revision guide inside out, shouldn't take more than a couple weeks, thats all I did anyway (I read it through 3-4 times maybe)
    Chemistry similarly but do a couple past papers to get used the questions.
    Physics less emphasis on learning and more on past papers, practising the calculations, just do as many as you can!
    Maths once you know how to do the calculations and what not just lots of past papers (they make it so much easier!) and you'l be fine all As lol :P

I start my revision (usually) a few weeks before, probs averages to an hour a day (in total for all) until it gets to a few days before, then cram and all went well so (y)

ReputationRep:
    don't we all

ReputationRep:
    As much as you can, without killing yourself...

... if you want good grades.

ReputationRep:
    The week before maths do all the past papers you can lay your hands on. Specimen papers, past papers, solomon press papers, the lot.

ReputationRep:
    Just Revise your butt off in the Holidays. Im in the same situation with a Maths C1, Chemistry Unit 1 and Physics Exam in January. At least a couple of hours a day should do the trick. Sleep well, Eat plenty of brain power food(fish, weetabix) and you'll be fine.
    Hard work pays off and I intend to do the best revision I can in the Xmas Holidays and good luck to anyone who is doing an exam in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The medjai)
    Just Revise your butt off in the Holidays. Im in the same situation with a Maths C1, Chemistry Unit 1 and Physics Exam in January. At least a couple of hours a day should do the trick. Sleep well, Eat plenty of brain power food(fish, weetabix) and you'll be fine.
    Hard work pays off and I intend to do the best revision I can in the Xmas Holidays and good luck to anyone who is doing an exam in January.
    holidays? i have the same plan, but i feel like the time wont be enough, i wont be able to catch up on soo much

ReputationRep:
    holidays? i have the same plan, but i feel like the time wont be enough, i wont be able to catch up on soo much
    Dont worry we'll have enough time in the holidays, you just need to make sure you have a timetable because that what I done the past week and a half, and it has worked! Just plan how much you are going to do each day and what you are going to do, I plan reading all 3 textbooks in 7 days (20 pages a day for bio and chem, 10 pages for phys(but with questions)) then take chrismas off then do past papers on boxing day, and then do it all again in the next 7 days of the holiday but concentrate more on the things I got wrong. You can ask me for help if you want on biology as I'm finding biology the easier science compared to the other two, but chemistry has got me scared, so if you got any tips on chemistry please help
    REMEMBER THE JUICE IS WORTH THE SQUEEZE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.