Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been going out with my girlfriend for two months and I got a bit carried away and was really intense, telling her I loved her all the time and all that crap that women say they like - I came off really clingy and obviously, she wasn't too happy.

Anyway, we talked it through and I said I'll play it cool. Now I want to make her chase me for a bit so she can see that I've really cooled it. Not only this, but the sex will be amazing...
    Before anyone says 'dont play games', I don't plan to do it all the time - I'm trying to get a balance so I'm not always available and bombarding her with compliments, instead I'm indepedant from her and I compliment her at the right moments.

Anyone got any ideas as to how I can do this?

ReputationRep:
    treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen. Just not -too- mean, okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not only this, but the sex will be amazing...
    What makes you think that? :lolwut:

(Original post by grth)
    treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen. Just not -too- mean, okay?
    Yes that's the saying I'm eluding to I just don't quite know what constitutes as mean! Though obviously, it isn't calling her an ugly ***** and pulling her hair.

ReputationRep:
    Whip that girl, put her back to her position.

(Original post by alissasantiago)
    What makes you think that? :lolwut:
    It's already good, so if she wants me even more, it stands to reason that it'll be better.

/logic

ReputationRep:
    Tell her that you've been taking advice from an internet forum on how to be a good boyfriend, I hear that gets girls all hot and bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's the saying I'm eluding to I just don't quite know what constitutes as mean! Though obviously, it isn't calling her an ugly ***** and pulling her hair.
    Aha I should hope not! just don't drown her with compliments all the time, they think they have iteasy and theres no challenge. It's my opinion that in a relationship, a bit of a challenge keep you on your toes all the time

ReputationRep:
    Spend all your time in the gym getting buff.Then when she calls you, text back saying "I can't see you today. I'm getting buff"
    Do this for a couple of months and she will be gagging for it.

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Tell her that you've been taking advice from an internet forum on how to be a good boyfriend, I hear that gets girls all hot and bothered.
    Hence anon...

Anyway, I don't see the problem with it? Surely if there is a medium where you can get advice on these things, you'd be stupid not to use it...

Not that I'm going to tell her :p:

(Original post by Absinth)
    I'm embarrassed for you.
    Safe.

ReputationRep:
    was really intense, telling her I loved her all the time and all that crap that women say they like
    They only want this when they're insecure about how much the guy likes them. I say 'they' but let's face it guys are generally the same.

My guy was paying loads of compliments to me and i was like... erm. And didn't take him on too much. Then he became very busy, barely got a chance to text, felt like he was just about making time for me... he didn't say really cheesy mushy things as much. that's when i learnt to appreciate him, cause it was such a change, i thought he was going off me, and i realised i wanted to stay with him.

ReputationRep:
    Well she's realized how much you like her, so you can't take that back. If you suddenly turn cold she will see what you're trying to do, it's obvious.
    I know you might feel embarrassed, but you should take the hint in a good way. Maybe even be humorous about it.
    Just make plans with friends the way you did when you were single (obviously don't ditch her, just don't sit and wait). And cut back on the compliments, just say something when you really mean it and it's something important (like about her personality, not 'those shoes are awesome'). Girls love compliments, we're just afraid they are not sincere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I'm embarrassed for you.
    Um.
    I agree with Absinth.

ReputationRep:
    I've been going out with my girlfriend for two months and I got a bit carried away and was really intense, telling her I loved her all the time and all that crap that women say they like - I came off really clingy and obviously, she wasn't too happy.

Anyway, we talked it through and I said I'll play it cool. Now I want to make her chase me for a bit so she can see that I've really cooled it. Not only this, but the sex will be amazing...
    Before anyone says 'dont play games', I don't plan to do it all the time - I'm trying to get a balance so I'm not always available and bombarding her with compliments, instead I'm indepedant from her and I compliment her at the right moments.

Anyone got any ideas as to how I can do this?
    Never ever shower girls with presents , compliments etc nomatter hw much u appreciate her but pretend to be mean as if she's worthless but dont over do it . If u used to call her so much , stop it and let her chase u , and by so doing she ll realise how much she needs u and she wont play tricks but will cling on u like a rash ....try it , and u ll tell me hw great it is . Women are silly creatures .

ReputationRep:
    Rohypnol

ReputationRep:
    Cry 'man the harpoons' whenever she walks by, and spit on her neck.

She will soon be, as they say, gagging for it.

ReputationRep:
    Just be true to yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.