Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, im new to student room and have my year 11 GCSE's coming up very soon. i am trying to discover a way of revising to make it more fun and open-minded. help is needed!

ReputationRep:
    here's a few interesting/different ways of revision:

1. when you're revising a subject, spray a particular scent and then on the day of your exam in that subject spray it. its supposed to help remember what you were studying

2. try and youtube some videos relating to your course, some can be funny and informative

3. similar to number 2, but podcasts. you can put them on your ipod and listen to them whenever, e.g. in the bath, on the bus etc.

4. make up a song or rap about the topic your doing, its a fact that its easier to remember song lyrics than a page from a book.

5. a particular thing i liked to do in the summer for my gcse's was to get CGP revision guides, go out into the garden and read them, it was relaxing and then there's the tedious jokes.

hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am in the same situation as you right now. I have already had some of my exams and we've had lots of assemblys about revision. Here are some ideas which helped me and kept me from dieing of boredom :P

1. make revision cards, put key words on them draw pics etc...what ever helps you remember a certain topic
    2. put post it notes all around your house including in the bathroom, kitchen, by your bed etc...you'll see them when your doing your 'daily routine' and in the exam you'll connect each room to a subject
    3. make spider diagrams...put lots of pictures and key words rather than heaps of writing (believe it or not lots of writing don't actually help)
    4. ifyour doing languages, before your listening exams watch a DVD in that language and have the subtitles on so you can read at the same time

These are good ways for revising as your not sitting there reading out of books which gets boring after 5 minutes and you dont learn anything anyway. I really hope these help )

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's aren't that bad, I revised a few days before and got fairly decent. I'd suggest practising maths and English though now, as you can't learn them like the others in a few days. I remember my Eng Lit exam, I had remembered alot of the info, but on the day I froze and didn't know what to write so I ended up with a B so for english lit buy york notes on the book you're doing, English lang practise alot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.