Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me, my downstairs neighbour and some of her friends went to a club earlier in the week, and we both got drunk.

One thing led to another which ended up me and her declaring that we "like" each other, and one thing led to another.

Only thing is, I said it and I didn't mean it. She text me a few times (I was at work so I couldn't reply) and eventually she knocked on my door the day after.

I said to her that we need to talk, and I said something along the lines of "I think messed you around a bit"

She says "Yes, I think you have"

I say "sorry, but I don't like you in that way. I know it isn't an excuse, but I was drunk and not thinking straight".

I sent her a text 10 minutes later or so saying "I really am sorry, I hope this do sent make it awkward between us?" - No reply, to be expected tbh.

I like her as a friend, but not in the way she wants it to be. I really do feel terrible and I can't imagine how used she must feel.

Help please?

ReputationRep:
    How can we help? I can't text her for you, or pay her a personal visit can I? it's your life, man up and deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    You used her for sex. She doesn't want to talk to you atm.

There's not much more that can be said or done. When/if she wants to chat to you then that will happen. Until then, man the **** up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.