The Student Room Group

How to memorize spanish essay?

Scroll to see replies

We get to do that as well and I need to learn mu essay for tomorrow haven't even started
i have the same spanish exam tomorrow. i split into paragraphs and learnt them separatly if that helps.
I found that if you learn one sentence at a time this is good. Learn one, have a break, then go back to it and make sure you got it right, then learn the next one and so on.
Reply 23
memorise in english, translate to spanish :tongue:

worked for my gcse spanish lol, can't help with anything of higher level but anything that requires memorising i just remember it backwards lol
Original post by z33
memorise in english, translate to spanish :tongue:

worked for my gcse spanish lol, can't help with anything of higher level but anything that requires memorising i just remember it backwards lol

No, no, no. Recipe for disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by sunfowers01
No, no, no. Recipe for disaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

0_o

werked for me, got A* in my speaking test

but okeh
Original post by manutd27
Any more tips would be great!

As well as writing it out + reading it over a couple of times, I used to also record myself reading whatever it was then listen to my voice back for like the whole day or until I had the exam. Eventually, it'd just stick. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I have to write an exam of 1500 word tomorrow how do I remember it all especially when I've only don't spanish for 6 months

How can you help
Reply 28
thanks that really helped when i had to learn a spanish paragraph by monday and i got it on sunday from my teacher by mail! ^_^
Original post by manutd27
Hello :smile:

I have to memorize a spanish essay of 250 words for Thursday. It is bad enough memorizing something, but in another langauge with accents and everything makes it really hard! Especially as I will be writing it.

Do you have an tips or step by step plans on how I can learn it by Thursday?

Thanks a lot!

I'm currently learning my controlled assessment for Spanish. You could try www.memorizenow.com which is a website I use, you type in what you want to learn and it can either take out full words, just letters, all words and leave starting letters. It progressively gets harder as at the end you are left with fvery few letters or words.
Is it a speaking or writing controlled assessment which you are revising for?
Reply 30
What i do is memorize one paragraph/ sentence (depends how long the essay is) and write it out. When i have fully understood and memorized the sentence, i try the next one and so on and so on. If you keep forgetting one word, i usually highlight it and go back to that sentence when i have finished learning the whole essay and try to learn it until i completely remember it. Also, in the morning i wake up at least 20 minutes earlier to recall what i have learnt to a parent and make sure i completely have it stuck down in my brain. Finally, drink LOTS of water (but not too much as you might have to go to the toilet quite often) this will help your brain function and may even help remember what you have learnt. I don't know if this will help anyone out there but it sure helps me. Good Luck!
If you have to write it down, I would suggest continously rewriting it
thank you
Major tips being make sure you allow yourself a week or 2 to fully dedicate yourself to memorising the paragraphs because I grantee you if you leave it to like 3-4 days to memorise 6 paragraph it will won't work and you brain will only take about 60% of the paragraphs. Also you should do 1 paragraph each day doing it all at once will cramp you brain must likely to make you forget. Make sure the next day you grow through the paragraph you learnt the previous day before starting a new one and finally Practice Practice Practice writing it out and not only will this improve your memory but increase confidence for the exam. Make sure you also take lots of breaks and drink lots of water.
Well im taking spansh early and am no good at it... 250 words each, 2 orals, 2 writtens. At least im not doing the 1-9 GCSEs... 16 mimutes of un preped oral..?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doing the same thing and it's hard :frown: try repeating it over and over 1 sentence at a time until you know it all then do it a paragraph at a time and then the whole essay over and over until you remember it by heart and go over it in the morning and evening everyday until the essay. Tedious but it works. Hope it helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
I got one in 1 week and I was hoping for any tips
Reply 37
A good way to learn is by using a white board and learning a sentence at a time. Its quicker and easier as you can just rub it out, compared to using paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending