Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Concealer for dark circles around eyes Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good concealer to cover up dark eye circles. I've heard that YSL Touche Eclat is good for this, but others have said that it is not actually a concealer, but a highlighter? I don't mind paying slightly more for a bettter quality concealer, but if its cheap and works then thats obviously preferable!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have that. I think it was finee.. although I can't really remember exactly - I had it like a year ago or more. I now have the Loreal version of it just because I got it free.
    There's a Rimmel one too, its in a lipstick shape tube, and I've tried it on and it's worked well.

ReputationRep:
    I always have dark circles under my eyes, and never found anything that works better than Touche Eclat. it's expensive, but a little goes a long way and it's worth every penny - even if you're a poor student like me!

I've tried loads of others such as rimmel, maybeline etc, but none blend in, and because YSL covers and reflects light, my circles completely dissapear

ReputationRep:

'Garnier Anti Dark Circles 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll On' to give it it's full name. Its epic.

ReputationRep:
    I have a L'Oreal one, its this. If you read the reviews you'll see they are really good - 5/5 stars on the Boots website.

http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris...cealer_984446/

I have tried Touche Eclat in the past too and personally I think the L'Oreal one is better.

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel London concealer stick.
    P.S. If you want a good eye treatment - i would recommend Superdrugs Vitamin E cream, it is very cheap and very good, i used it everyday around my eyes for roughly two weeks and the black bags hadn't fully gone but decreased to pretty much nothing and it even looked fine without makeup over.

ReputationRep:
    I use crappy Natural Collection 2000 from boots and it's perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Clinique one.

ReputationRep:
    I use the Collection 2000 light reflecting one, works fairly well. I've never tried Touche Eclat, the thought of spending £21 on concealer... I could never do that, I'm too much of a bargain hunter.

ReputationRep:
    I use Dior's Diorskin hydrating concealer and set that with Chanel's loose powder. Works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)

'Garnier Anti Dark Circles 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll On' to give it it's full name. Its epic.
    ooh, my mum dragged me round Boots for like half an hour trying to find this bluddy thing. eventually found it and she says it was worth the hunt haha

ReputationRep:
    I always use No7 make-up and the concealer is amazing!!!! It is really good for under the eyes!!! Hope that helps!!! It is about £12 so not too bad I don't think!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for the advice, looks like everyone uses different ones!
    I might start off with a relatively cheaper one, like l'oreal and if its not effective I will use dior/ysl.

Will also try that vitimin E cream, as I want to reduce the need for concealer.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like that YSL stuff, it did nothing for my bags. I use Max Factor Pan Stick and have done for about five years - still not found anything better!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the YSL, i don't think it's very good at all as a concealer. It's also pink toned so isn't exactly ideal with people who don't have pink undertones in their skin.

Mac studiofinish - have to use a little bit or it will look cakey. Good staying power.
    Benefit erase paste - looks natural and nice at first, but fades very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyscho)
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good concealer to cover up dark eye circles. I've heard that YSL Touche Eclat is good for this, but others have said that it is not actually a concealer, but a highlighter? I don't mind paying slightly more for a bettter quality concealer, but if its cheap and works then thats obviously preferable!

Thanks!
    I heard cocaine is good for this. Rub it all over your face and see what happens....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    I don't like the YSL, i don't think it's very good at all as a concealer. It's also pink toned so isn't exactly ideal with people who don't have pink undertones in their skin.

Mac studiofinish - have to use a little bit or it will look cakey. Good staying power.
    Benefit erase paste - looks natural and nice at first, but fades very quickly.
    thanks, im asian, so dont think ysl would be right for me then

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can recommend something not to obvious for male dark eye bags?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyscho)
    thanks, im asian, so dont think ysl would be right for me then
    Definitely not... they tell you it's for all skin tones, but it's really not. >

(Original post by Excandersham)
    Anyone can recommend something not to obvious for male dark eye bags?
    I would suggest just getting a good undereye cream instead of trying any concealer. If you look online, you can find out which eye creams are best for reducing undereye darkness, though the best ones may be expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing cosmetics is the best one i've ever used xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.