Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Students from secondary schools and universities in Belfast (and further afield, if you're interested) have been invited to join the protest this Thursday against the increased and uncapped tuition fees proposal - which will be decided on this week by the Minister for Higher Education.

It's not long now until the Con-Dems try to pass their education cuts through parliament. That's why Northern Ireland, already vulnerable to top down instruction from London, have to put pressure on politicians to publicly reject Tory education cuts. e.g. Higher tuition fees and the destruction of EMA
    Wales has already been spared the cuts due to public pressure, let's try and do it here too.
    ALL STUDENTS WELCOME
    Education is a right, not a privilege.

JOIN THE PROTEST ON 9TH DECEMBER 2010
    @ THE CITY HALL, BELFAST
    1.30pm - 4.30pm

Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...14433441957577

IndyMedia Event Page: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/98367

Spread the word!

ReputationRep:
    you Irelanders could always just split, you know

you're not really part of the UK, other than in a technical and imperialist sense

ReputationRep:
    Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggghgh ghghghghghghhhhhhhhhhhhh I'd love to go but I'm only travelling home that day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)

you're not really part of the UK, other than in a technical and imperialist sense

Look man, I'm all for that.
    But hey, whilst we're here, and our devolved government is looking to up the fees, I guess we'll have to create a wee bit of noise. Besides, we'd have to do it if we were part of the Republic too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burymeinanalog)
    Look man, I'm all for that.
    But hey, whilst we're here, and our devolved government is looking to up the fees, I guess we'll have to create a wee bit of noise. Besides, we'd have to do it if we were part of the Republic too.
    you do realize the the fee rises are necessary? moreso if health care cuts are to be avoided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)

So in every way that actually matters?

and if you think it would be a matter of 'just splitting' than you're an ignorant fool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.