PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!Car survey, maths coursework Watch

This discussion is closed.
Adam
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I desparately need help on Maths courdework. The survey of cars and you have to compare such things as Miles per gallon to average price of a car. If anyone can help or actually give me the coursework I would be really grateful and you would have helped someone out who is in trouble.

PPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSS SSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

FROM ADAM
gilyan
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Hey Adam, can you state the problem as your teacher gave it, then I'll try and help.
adam
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i was given a set results from cars including miles per gallon price and engine size etc. i then have to compare average price to average engine size finally ending up with the comparisons then i have to use cumalitive frequency to find the average of things. after this i will have to find the car which is most value for money. if u really want 2 help i will giv u the list of cars etc.
from adam
gilyan
Report 16 years ago
So, you've got a list of different cars and you've got to pick the one which is cheapest to drive? Considering mpg, insurance cost, road tax, diesel/unleaded, number of doors(?) Are you expected to pick one model, like vauxhall corsa 1 litre 3 door unleaded - or not as precise as that?
adam
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well ive chose the 4 most common cars which is ford rover vauxhall and fiat. i now want 2 find the average price of a car when new using cumalitive frequency but i cant do it.
gilyan
Report 16 years ago
OK, so you're meant to have about 30 cars per sample. To use the cumulative frequency you need to do a grouped frequency table first. Say,
Price Freq C. Freq
0<£<2000 1 1
2000<£<4000 4 5
4000<£<6000 7 12

and then plot the graph. I would suggest you do boxplots as well, for all 4 makes on the same scale.
gilyan
Report 16 years ago
Also, you might want do scatter graphs to show their is a relationship between the variable and the price.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi i have to hand in my maths course work tomorrow (19/05/03) and i am really really stuck!i have done all of the work leading up to the final equation! has naybody done this before? please help me
it will be appreciated loadzzzzzzzzzz!
kt
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi im really struggling 2 find out how u do the cumulative frequency graphs. If anyone could please tell me the procedure and which axis are labelled what, i would be very grateful.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey i got that coursework , that was the sample coursework my teacher gave me. my courseowrk was different but based on the same skeleton. tell me if u wnat it . its 30 pages long
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
is it A level , or GCSE
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
if its GCSE then can i have a look at the sample please
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry its A LEVEL , further maths.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
can some1 please just tell me wot the axis are and how 2 plot the curve becasue on mine , my line does not look like an s-shape but instead more looks like a M-shape!!

SOME1 PLEASE REPLY AS THIS IS URGEANT
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the y axis is the cumulative one. and x axis are the classes what whaever you call it. remember that the cumulative function is always increasing. there the gradient is always positive. if you have something like a normal distribution most of the objects are near the median. thats why teh gradient slowing increases as the rate of change of the sum increases and decreases after a while.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well my 'norm' sample consists of 30 cars which is suppose 2 be compared with my 'extreme' sample of another 30 cars. If im meant to compare the prices of my 'norm' sample 2 my 'extreme' sample, wot will be the classes?

and if so am i doing this correct so far?
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont think cumulative diagrams are used to compare two samples. First of all tell me what do u mean by compare. compare what?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads