Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I mean the sort of person that, if you were to accidentally use one of his eggs instead of your own and he somehow found out, would purchase a dozen carton of eggs and break every single one over your head. Or, if someone left the bathroom in a bit of a mess, he'd go in and flood the entire room so that none of you could use the bathroom. Or he would remove the doors from everyone elses' rooms when they went out for the night because someone woke him up that morning by knocking on the door.

If so, how did you deal with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I mean the sort of person that, if you were to accidentally use one of his eggs instead of your own and he somehow found out, would purchase a dozen carton of eggs and break every single one over your head. Or, if someone left the bathroom in a bit of a mess, he'd go in and flood the entire room so that none of you could use the bathroom. Or he would remove the doors from everyone elses' rooms when they went out for the night because someone woke him up that morning by knocking on the door.

If so, how did you deal with it?
    Vote kick him out. Power in numbers. If he refuses beat him. Hard.

ReputationRep:
    I'd initially think he was a bit of a legend. Then I would remove his door, and perhaps report him to the landlord.

ReputationRep:
    my flat mate isnt quite that mad but she keeps throwing away all the toilet seats because she says they're too dirty so we just never have toilet seats now.

and she had a lock fitted by her locksmith friend fit a lock to the laundry room so everyone has to ask her for the key... we dont do anything about it, i dont really know why...

ReputationRep:
    We had a guy that wiped his sh*t on the bathroom walls. True story.

ReputationRep:
    I'd teabag him whilst he slept.
    How'd you like them apples Sir?

ReputationRep:
    I would turn "super chav" and do this to him:

ReputationRep:
    I lived with a house of oddballs like that. They first kept my keys from me and made out that the locks were being changed over the summer in attempt to keep the house to themselves, had to ring up the landlord to find out the truth and collect my keys. They also decided to put the bills in their names to keep overall control of the house so I had no say in anything! When we had that really cold spell last year, if I turned the heating on they would turn it off in minutes,so I would have to keep turning it back on and they even expected me to pay a monthly contribution to something I was obviously not allowed to use! The one house mate then tampered with the boiler so it couldn't be turned on! And then there was the other little things like taking up all the shelve spaces in cupboards and the fridge etc annoying but I wasn't going to cry over it.

The other girl constantly drank and had an unhealthy obsession with the holocaust(even tattoos with prisoner numbers on her!) , didn't like lights on and constantly sat in the dark... I went out one night came back and she had gone through a whole case of strongbow. The morning after she couldn't comprehend that she had drunk that much and decided whilst once again drinking a can to point the finger at me. This caused the whole house to turn against me and not say a word, if they saw me they would run into their rooms!

I since left, because they were that sneaky I felt that what other rubbish could they come out with! I wouldnt steal food or anything so was a bit hurt about that but they were that unpredictable I was concerned they could make out some serious false accusations. The list goes on about other things they did but I think I've shed enough light on the house of crazies.

A shared house was more like lodging in someone elses house. The ironic thing is that the people that took control came to me in the first place because they needed somewhere to live. What a major **** up that turned out to be!

ReputationRep:
    The guy who was one of my housemates last year certainly has mental issues, but not like the ones you described. Never lived with the kind of people who over-react like that, mercifully.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If anything I'm the one who might over-react.
    I've said more than once that if anyone cut my ponytail off I'd stab them.
    But I wouldn't over-react for minor stuff like people using my things/food.

ReputationRep:
    and I thought I was mental :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    No but I feel sorry for the people who live with me because I'm just weird...and noisy. My dad's one comment on not having me around was that 'it's alot quieter'.
    Oh, last year the guy we lived with locked himself in his room and never opened his window...not even when we caused a small fire and an evacuation and needed to aerate the floor to get the fire alarm to stop.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the mad one pretty much in my flat. I go ****ing ballistic if someone uses any of my stuff or drops something unnecessarily loudly.

ReputationRep:
    mad, mental, and mentally ill can be totally different things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.