The Student Room Group

How to Get Out of Doing Something

My aunt phoned up and asked if I could go over to help my cousin with her maths revision (she has an exam coming up) and when on the phone I was put on the spot a bit and I said yes, but when I hung up I was thinking "Christ, I really wish I'd said no" the reason being i'm not very good at maths, and I've got work I could be getting on with myself.

Any ideas I could use to get out of doing it?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
You fell in a river on the way to her house so you have to go home and change your clothes and get over the shock.

You walked into a lampost and banged your head and now you can't count.

Orrr you have loads of work and a deadline and you're really sorry but you don't have the time.
Reply 3
Original post by cellophane11
You fell in a river on the way to her house so you have to go home and change your clothes and get over the shock.

You walked into a lampost and banged your head and now you can't count.

Orrr you have loads of work and a deadline and you're really sorry but you don't have the time.

Very amusing.

But now my parents are giving it "aw you can't phone back now and say that you're not doing it"

****in hate this *******s
Reply 4
another bump
"i'm not very good at maths, and I've got work I could be getting on with myself."
Reply 6
Original post by Bubbles0ox
"i'm not very good at maths, and I've got work I could be getting on with myself."

In hindsight this is what I should have said, but I'm basically being railroaded into doing it by my parents now.

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.
Reply 7
Anyone reckon I should phone them back and say, "sorry, I can't do it"?

Really don't have time for this :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Say that you're not feeling well.
Reply 9
Original post by simple_gurl
Say that you're not feeling well.

That won't wash, but I like the idea, let's keep the ideas flowing people.
Reply 10
"sorry, i completely forgot, i have quite an important exam coming up pretty soon and i really need to be revising"

That way she cant really be to forceful as it will directley affect you and your own education.
Reply 11
Original post by triiden
"sorry, i completely forgot, i have quite an important exam coming up pretty soon and i really need to be revising"

That way she cant really be to forceful as it will directley affect you and your own education.

This is good, very good, keep the ideas flowing people, keep brainstorming and then I will choose the best excuse.
Reply 12
Run away from home.
Reply 13
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize it before, but I have an important deadline soon and I have to work. But you should ask <insert other person's name>, I hear he/she is very good at math."
Reply 14
Original post by kevtp
Run away from home.

Cant sorry, my 360 is here.
I find dying helps in this situation.
Reply 16
Original post by Sorenfors
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize it before, but I have an important deadline soon and I have to work. But you should ask <insert other person's name>, I hear he/she is very good at math."

Very good suggestion.
Reply 17
Original post by thisisnew
I find dying helps in this situation.

You know this from previous experience obviously.
Reply 18
another bump
Just ****ing help them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending