Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hello friends, probably most of you think im stupid but here goes

girlfriend and myself been together 3 years, its been on and off a lot lately

she speaks down to me and i dont show her any affection whatsoever

anyway i realised where we have been going wrong and want her back

i dumped her 10 days ago over a facebook message, sad yes, but otherwise i wouldent of said anywhere near that amount to her face because i always forget what i meant to say

she didnt reply nor spoke to me since

ideally i want to contact her before she goes on a date with another guy, is this enough time to contact her saying we need to meet up? and how should i go about wording the message? thanks

because if its not going to work out between us then id rather not leave it so long that she is dating someone else because then id feel worse than i already do

ReputationRep:
    I was with a guy for over two years and since we've been apart we haven't had a proper conversation at all - and that was over two years ago now!. Hell, I wanted him and tried to get him back at first, despite how rubbish he made me feel, but things have worked out so much better.

You just sound like you've out grown each other. My ex and I don't talk because we have little in common anymore, although we're on good terms. Just enjoy being single for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    I was with a guy for over two years and since we've been apart we haven't had a proper conversation at all - and that was over two years ago now!. Hell, I wanted him and tried to get him back at first, despite how rubbish he made me feel, but things have worked out so much better.

You just sound like you've out grown each other. My ex and I don't talk because we have little in common anymore, although we're on good terms. Just enjoy being single for now.
    thanks for your input but despite this i want to know the best way to go about it

we have a lot in common, its a mere fight for having the upper hand which has lead us to where we are now

ReputationRep:

(Original post by My Life)
    thanksfor the helpful reply i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibba128)
    thanks for your input but despite this i want to know the best way to go about it

we have a lot in common, its a mere fight for having the upper hand which has lead us to where we are now
    Well perhaps it's because you have too much in common then? Being stubborn with each other isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does impact negatively on your compatibility as a couple.

There is no best way to go about your situation. You two are the only people in the world who really know the depth of your relationship with one another, so I doubt that anyone on TSR of all things will have the answer.

Well perhaps it's because you have too much in common then? Being stubborn with each other isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does impact negatively on your compatibility as a couple.

There is no best way to go about your situation. You two are the only people in the world who really know the depth of your relationship with one another, so I doubt that anyone on TSR of all things will have the answer.
    well i mean last time we split she came running back within 2 days, she couldent wait any longer, but she had split up with me, so i dont know when to contact really, i want her to wait long enough to miss me (if she even cares about me anymore) but not long that sheel be thinking of dating someone, which could be sooner rather than later really

(Original post by Anonymous)
    well i mean last time we split she came running back within 2 days, she couldent wait any longer, but she had split up with me, so i dont know when to contact really, i want her to wait long enough to miss me (if she even cares about me anymore) but not long that sheel be thinking of dating someone, which could be sooner rather than later really
    rump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You both obviously need to talk about your issues so do it. Suggest meeting in town to get her to help shop your your mum's chirstmas present or something. Whatever you do, don't go over one anothers houses to talk as it'll only end up in sex, which wouldn't help anything.

You both obviously need to talk about your issues so do it. Suggest meeting in town to get her to help shop your your mum's chirstmas present or something. Whatever you do, don't go over one anothers houses to talk as it'll only end up in sex, which wouldn't help anything.
    hmmm, i just dont know when to contact and what to say (itll have to be a message) dont have her number

ReputationRep:
    You dumped your girlfriend of three years over a facebook message.

Well. Yes, I can see one way you went wrong.

First of all you need to think why the hell you dumped her over a message. Are you too scared to say it face to face? Did you not have enough time to meet up with her to tell her "Hi, let's break up"? Not even considering all the reasons you stated before, if I was dumped that way I would never ever take you back.

You said she didn't reply to you yet. Maybe she isn't going to. Just because you want to get back together doesn't mean she wants to. And what even changed your mind?

Edit: And how don't you have her number?!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I've given up. You've started loads of threads about your girlfriend (or lack of) and I'm sure you've had more than enough advice by now. Man up and get on with it - stop being such a fanny.
    • TSR Support Team

Well that's a good start dumping her over facebook, has it occurred to you that she's probably devestated?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.