Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I split up with my girlfriend in late/may early Juneand this was not on bad terms. I made a couple of attempts to win her back and explain my feelings for her. I didnt harrass her, and wasnt over the top with this I can assure you. I left her two it, within a month after.

It is obviously now December, I have seen a few girls since, been out on the whole pulling thing, etc etc, and have been on a couple of dates. No one as of yet has really grasped my emotions.

I know for a fact, even without contact - including not being facebook friends, I still feel many feelings towards my ex, and I want to recontact her.

I know the conventional thing to do is forget, and get over it, move on etc. But sometimes in life, i beleive there are people who capture ya heart. enuf with the soppy story.

I am thinking I will contact her after the xmas period and early in the new year. However I have no idea what to say to her !!

Any advice or tips, or stories on how uve won ya ex back.

and for those of u who want to reply with "im a loser" comments or the "plenty of fish in the sea". please feel 3 to post them too, but I am stubborn and want my ex back.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why did you break up?

ReputationRep:
    Your a loser, and there's plenty of fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee3)
    Why did you break up?
    Her reasons were she is busy and has lots on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackwilson1988)
    move on mate. it's clear she's not interested.

ReputationRep:
    I think I get where you are coming from so no, you do not sound like a loser (Atleast not to me lol). Some people DO capture your heart in a way that others won't and maybe it won't be so bad to give it one last shot. Depends on why you broke up though too. I suppose, it's good to be honest and if you do really want to win her back, the best way would be to convey exactly what you feel. Maybe through a well thought-out letter would be a nice way to go about it? I know, they say it's better to do things in person but with a letter, you could really capture an essence of what you truly feel whereas in person you could always mess it up and it might not be as effective. Really depends on you as a person too though. Personally, I convey a lot better through text than speech because speeches can always be edited for maximum effect. Plus if its something written, it can be something she can read into and her memory won't distort what you said in any way because it will be right in front of her.

Seems like it's worth a shot if you genuinely still feel for her after this many months. I suppose, I would say give it one last shot and then if it doesn't work out, let it be. Although, the issue is if it doesn't go your way, you will have to deal with all these emotions again - it'll almost be like you have to get over her all over again. And another issue is you have to be sure there isn't someone else on the scene with her because in that case, it would just feel a bit wrong to pursue her if she truly has moved on even if you haven't. It's something you need to consider before you jump right in and try to win her back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackwilson1988)
    That does sound like you don't stand much of a chance (I read there: indifference).

However, it's clearly important to you, so you can but try. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Your grammar and spelling are unattractive. This is the only constructive thing I am able to say to a stranger on the internet (Y)

Best of luck
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Maybe you could put your feelings into a letter to her? if that fails then maybe you'll have to move on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.