Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Older (2005ish?) PC games that are good Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just as the title really. I'm using a fairly average laptop so I'm not hoping to run modern games, but there has to be some slightly older games that are good :P

Atm, I'm on rome total war - but I'd like suggestions from any genre if you would (particularly a decent FPS)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    half life2 is a great game

ReputationRep:
    Decent FPS from 2005? Half Life 2.
    What else? Pretty much anything, really. FEAR? Oblivion? Neverwinter Nights? Dreamfall, Darwinia, COD2 blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    Freelancer - Epic RPG/Space Sim. I've logged 900 hours on it.
    Age of Empires 2 - RTS
    Empire Earth - RTS
    The Sims 3 - You could probably run it.
    Jedi Outcast 2 - FPS, based on Star Wars

ReputationRep:
    if ur just after a fun game try star wars battlefront...its an alright laugh online...
    or counter strike source is gud but can take a bit of time and frustration to get gud

ReputationRep:
    Knights of the Old Republic 2 if you're into RPGs.

Neverwinter Nights 2

ReputationRep:
      Rise Of Nations :adore:

ReputationRep:
      Age of Empires/Mythology where my old favourites.

ReputationRep:
      age of empires 2 was a pretty goddamn awesome game for me- played it throug my youth. Also this cool addictive game called elasto mania- its in spanish but easy enough to get the hang of it 9i dont even know how to say hello is spanish)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by domino0806)
      Neverwinter Nights 2
      Never really understood that game. Is it single or multiplayer?

Edit: Also thanks for the suggestions, I'll give Rise of Nations and Empire Earth a go after I get bored of total war (so 3 years from now? :P).

ReputationRep:
      Counter Strike Source, Half life 2 , Possibly Left 4 Dead 1 ... Unreal Tournament is pretty fun, as is Battlefield 2

ReputationRep:
      The original Splinter Cell is pretty good, as is the Max Payne series, if you want some 3rd person stuff.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Installation)
      Just as the title really. I'm using a fairly average laptop so I'm not hoping to run modern games, but there has to be some slightly older games that are good :P

Atm, I'm on rome total war - but I'd like suggestions from any genre if you would (particularly a decent FPS)

Thanks
      SWAT 4.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Installation)

Thanks
      Well, in terms of RTS, you've got loads. Here are some:

AoE (most, if not all of them, if I'm correct in thinking)
      Black and White
      Starcraft
      The Settlers IV (I think)

FPSs:

Fallout 1,2 (possibly 3 although it was published in 2008)
      Medal of Honor
      Doom
      Quake
      BioShock (although this was 2007)

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
      System Shock 2 - It's fricking awesome! It's an FPS with slight puzzle elements thrown in (that makes it better, i know the word puzzle makes games seem crap) and you can play it through multiple times because of the way character customization works. It's also very atmospheric and heavily story driven. It'll also make you jump/scream when baddies suddenly appear from around a corner

ReputationRep:
      Rome: Total War

ReputationRep:
      command and conquer red alert 2 and yuri's revenge

ReputationRep:
      Theme Hospital

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
      Theme Hospital
      I used to play HOURS of that :rolleyes:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.