The Student Room Group

Big up your university!

I know a lot of people are wondering about the best things about certain universities, like "Why should I go to suchandsuch uni?" or "What're the best things about soandso uni?" So tell TSR what you loveee about your university :smile: What're the best things about it? How's the nightlife/accommodation? Would you recommend it? :biggrin:

(cheerful thread is cheerful. Hopefully.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
UEA - s'alright
Glasgow - Fantastic uni, great people, 2 unions (meaning awesome freshers week), beautiful building (looks like hogwarts), subway IN one of the unions :drool:, amazing shops (SO MANY!!!), nightlife is awesome beyond all belief, cheap drinks (85p for vodka mix in some places!), men in kilts :sogood:, plus just a really happy amazingly wonderful place!

can you tell i love it?!
Reply 3
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Glasgow - Fantastic uni, great people, 2 unions (meaning awesome freshers week), beautiful building (looks like hogwarts), subway IN one of the unions :drool:, amazing shops (SO MANY!!!), nightlife is awesome beyond all belief, cheap drinks (85p for vodka mix in some places!), men in kilts :sogood:, plus just a really happy amazingly wonderful place!

can you tell i love it?!

Hahaha just a little! :biggrin: Love this!
Reply 4
I've heard that Aberdeen's not so bad.
Reply 5
Oh God, how long before that Ramacito Morales guy comes here saying Aberdeen is the best university in the world again?
Original post by G8D
Have you actually seen many people in kilts? Not including the buskers that play bagpipes/drums...

Yes =D
Seen them out clubbing 3 nights =D
One night, one of them bought me a drink, another night I actually danced with one *swoons*
Reply 7
Glasgow is amazing! I love it. The people are lovely, my courses are all fantastic, the uni is beautiful, the city has real character, there's always something going on, it's in Scotland. I'd really recommend it, I'm having the time of my life.
Reply 8
I love that most people who've commented on this thread go to Glasgow. Therefore, I conclude that Glasgow is clearly the best university.
Original post by d123
I love that most people who've commented on this thread go to Glasgow. Therefore, I conclude that Glasgow is clearly the best university.

And that we are all procrastinating from revision...

But yes, it is the best!
Reply 10
Original post by d123

Dayyum should've applied! Haha :biggrin:
Reply 11
Aberdeen has some amazing architecture.
Reply 12
Oxford. We're already off for christmas, which is both a good and a bad thing, and we tend to get looked after VERY well by our individual colleges. The college system is great- awesome sense of community you won't get anywhere else... other places have halls that are dotted all around cities, whereas everyone in my year is literally a 2 minute walk away. The teaching's top notch also!
Royal Holloway!! Aka the little Republic of China.
Reply 14
UWE ftw :smile:
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Really??
UCL's alright. Can't be beat for location (everywhere that's worth going to in London is within walking distance) and the main Quad is a pretty nice looking building (just a shame Tottenham Court Road across the road is such a dump).
Reply 17
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

:lolwut: never heard of that before
Royal Holloway - it's ****.
Original post by insertnamehere
Really??

Really.

Quick Reply

Latest