Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

C1 Mock Trouble Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I done my mock last week and I got a E (44%), could my college withdraw me from my C1 exam because of what I got ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    I done my mock last week and I got a E (44%), could my college withdraw me from my C1 exam because of what I got ??
    Depends on the specifics. Maybe they are withdrawing you from the January one and moving you the the June one. But if it's a downright withdrawal then you won't get a Maths A-Level; or more specifically a maths AS level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dknt)
    Depends on the specifics. Maybe they are withdrawing you from the January one and moving you the the June one. But if it's a downright withdrawal then you won't get a Maths A-Level.

Yehh i meant withdrawing me from the January exam and putting me in the June one. What specifics??

ReputationRep:
    Yehh i meant withdrawing me from the January exam and putting me in the June one. What specifics??
    That was the specifics..

Well I wouldn't worry too much. They just don't feel you're ready to do it now. I personally would stil prefer to do it to see what I get and if I did badly retake it, but it's you college's decision I guess.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the policy of your school/college. I wouldn't expect them to withdraw you as they will lose the fee anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    It depends on the policy of your school/college. I wouldn't expect them to withdraw you as they will lose the fee anyway.

Ohh goodgood.

ReputationRep:
    Did you actually try hard in the exam and got 44% or did you not bother revising. Because C1 is a topic where you can easily get 90%+ with a weeks revision. If you are just about passing it then you'll have some major problems when you get to C2 or even C3 + C4 if you decide to carry on with maths. Two people in our class got kicked off the course because they didn't get more than 50% in the mock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkb230)
    Did you actually try hard in the exam and got 44% or did you not bother revising. Because C1 is a topic where you can easily get 90%+ with a weeks revision. If you are just about passing it then you'll have some major problems when you get to C2 or even C3 + C4 if you decide to carry on with maths. Two people in our class got kicked off the course because they didn't get more than 50% in the mock.
    I revised 1 day before the exam. I was just revising past papers, in the mock the college made a exam paper consisting of questions from different C1 papers and yet ive been through every past paper on the aqa site and couldnt find one question from the mock paper.

ReputationRep:
    I revised 1 day before the exam. I was just revising past papers, in the mock the college made a exam paper consisting of questions from different C1 papers and yet ive been through every past paper on the aqa site and couldnt find one question from the mock paper.
    I think it's justified that they have entered you for the summer exams. But will you not have C2 and one of the additional modules to do at the same time? If I was you, I would try and convince them to re enter you for the Jan entry.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's justified that they have entered you for the summer exams. But will you not have C2 and one of the additional modules to do at the same time? If I was you, I would try and convince them to re enter you for the Jan entry.
    On the system it still says im doing it in January. Kinda wondering when AQA's deadline is on withdrawing people from exams

ReputationRep:
    On the system it still says im doing it in January. Kinda wondering when AQA's deadline is on withdrawing people from exams
    People can be entered until mid December. I am doing the MEI (OCR) so I don't know about AQA. Talk to your teachers ASAP. If you think you're prepared then tell them or if you think you won't be able to get a decent grade in Jan then do it in June.

ReputationRep:
    People can be entered until mid December. I am doing the MEI (OCR) so I don't know about AQA. Talk to your teachers ASAP. If you think you're prepared then tell them or if you think you won't be able to get a decent grade in Jan then do it in June.

June would put me more at disadvantage because i would be doing C2 and S1 + other subjects

ReputationRep:
    Im bad at C1, failed it twice feels bad man. got 75% in C2 though.

ReputationRep:
    June would put me more at disadvantage because i would be doing C2 and S1 + other subjects
    I don't think it's worth all that trouble. Plus you might have exams from other subjects in June and what if you don't perform as well in Jan in other subjects and have to resit some exams in June. I have got C2,C3,S1 and M1 coming up in Jan and I know that I am having to work my arse off in my free lessons and lunch time to revise for them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.