Rejected from Bournemouth Watch

This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Now i'm defo going to Leeds. Who's gonna be joining me?
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My sympathy to you, but at least you have the offer of somewhere else.

I know a few people at leeds and they love it.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oooooh Leeds its sposed to have such a good atmosphere, great social life!! Have fun there!
TK
Rep:
?
cool thanks you two - i've also got an offer from warwick and all my m8s are saying i should go there instead :confused:

I dunno what to do now - i haven't visited either of them yet, i'd only looked at Bournemouth, but i'm goin to Warwick in haf term and Leeds on the open day in March.

Does anyone have an argument for why Warwick is better than Leeds or vice versa?
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
cool thanks you two - i've also got an offer from warwick and all my m8s are saying i should go there instead :confused:

I dunno what to do now - i haven't visited either of them yet, i'd only looked at Bournemouth, but i'm goin to Warwick in haf term and Leeds on the open day in March.

Does anyone have an argument for why Warwick is better than Leeds or vice versa?
Warwick is better because it has an excellent reputation amongst employers as one of the best unis in the country which you can't really beat and has a lovely campus, great research and some top class departments.

Leeds is better because it is a young, vibrant busy city also has a good repuation amongst employers (though not quite as good as Warwick's). It also has top class teaching, research etc.The city has loads of clubs and bars etc. Has a repuation for being a good uni for social life.

What subject is this for?
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Riz*)
Warwick is better because it has an excellent reputation amongst employers as one of the best unis in the country which you can't really beat and has a lovely campus, great research and some top class departments.

Leeds is better because it is a young, vibrant busy city also has a good repuation amongst employers (though not quite as good as Warwick's). It also has top class teaching, research etc.The city has loads of clubs and bars etc. Has a repuation for being a good uni for social life.

What subject is this for?
At Leeds it's Cinema, Photography and Television Studies and at Warwick it's just Television Studies.

The thing is I'm really more interested in the practical side, and the best choice regarding that would be Leeds.

Warwick sent me a letter with my offer saying that there was no practical element at all to their course - and they wanted to emphasise that because i had said in my personal statement how mush i liked the practical work.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had a friend last year who was rejected from Bournemouth and went to Leeds instead, for a similar type of course. Having a great time there, by all accounts!
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by grey faerie)
I had a friend last year who was rejected from Bournemouth and went to Leeds instead, for a similar type of course. Having a great time there, by all accounts!
Sounds good then - what course is he/she doing there?
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How on earth do you get an offer from Warwick and a rejection from Bournemouth?
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by llama boy)
well at Bournemouth the course has around 1500 applicants and only 55 places - i'm guessing there's less competition at Warwick.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well at Bournemouth the course has around 1500 applicants and only 55 places - i'm guessing there's less competition at Warwick.
It's like a lottery this application lark!
Just wanted to say I love your avator/johnny depp thingy!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
At Leeds it's Cinema, Photography and Television Studies and at Warwick it's just Television Studies.

The thing is I'm really more interested in the practical side, and the best choice regarding that would be Leeds.

Warwick sent me a letter with my offer saying that there was no practical element at all to their course - and they wanted to emphasise that because i had said in my personal statement how mush i liked the practical work.
If you'd enoy it more and you think that the course will be of more practical value to you in your career then I'd say go to Leeds. Was nice of Warwick to think to write to you though
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Peapod)
It's like a lottery this application lark!
Just wanted to say I love your avator/johnny depp thingy!
thanks peapod
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Riz*)
If you'd enoy it more and you think that the course will be of more practical value to you in your career then I'd say go to Leeds. Was nice of Warwick to think to write to you though
yeah - that's what i thought - will defo have to visit them both before i decide though

thanks for your help too Riz
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah - that's what i thought - will defo have to visit them both before i decide though

thanks for your help too Riz
My commerations....
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nafisa)
My commerations....
thnx hun toss up between leeds and warwick...hmm - i know where you think i should go
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
one of the weakest departments at Warwick versus the strongest (by some distance) department at Bournemouth.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
bournemouth is like *the* university for media/gaming/film/animation degrees (can't think of a category), very well respected in the industry
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by rah)
bournemouth is like *the* university for media/gaming/film/animation degrees (can't think of a category), very well respected in the industry
i think they just call it the 'media school'
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My mate got AAAB at A Level, and went Bournemouth Media School.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads