The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by 1.2.3.
Firmed for Economics! :biggrin::w00t:

Whoo!! Me too :biggrin:
Ba or Bsc??
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by grape:)

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30216808]Did any of you receive an accommodation email today? I didn't.... *hope it'll be tomorrow or they lied on the phone :emo: *

I didnt get anything either, im hoping we can start applying tomorrow! Fingers crossed! :smile:
What was said above was right....it says we are sent info on accommodation from late March...
ALSO,,,,I just read this on their website....

What happens next after I submit my application?
If you are
Holding an unconditional offer……
You should receive a response from the Accommodation Office within 15 working days of submitting your application online. However this may vary at busy times. Your offer of accommodation will be sent to you by email.

Holding a conditional offer……
Your application will be logged and the details held until you receive your results. Once you receive your results, provided that you have met the conditions of your offer, you will become unconditional firm and the Accommodation Office will automatically allocate you a room. You will not need to apply again. The room you will be allocated will be based on availability when you become unconditional firm, not at the point at which you originally apply.

So, does this mean that us with little old conditionals apply whenever and its simpy first come first served in August? Because I haven't seen the accommodation yet so if I can hold off applying, I will! Haha, thanks guyyyysss
Reply 183
Original post by AmyAmy0913
I didnt get anything either, im hoping we can start applying tomorrow! Fingers crossed! :smile:

Same! Although I think it's unlikely considering the website has come up with something else yet again :s-smilie: I'm getting sick of them changing their minds!

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30221444]Same! Although I think it's unlikely considering the website has come up with something else yet again :s-smilie: I'm getting sick of them changing their minds!

What does the website say now? I just assumed we could apply tomorrow :frown: I wish they would just let us do it! gahh!

And how many choices do we have to put down, do yano? x
Reply 185
What does the website say now? I just assumed we could apply tomorrow :frown: I wish they would just let us do it! gahh!

And how many choices do we have to put down, do yano? x

I was told by someone else on TSR that it's 6. But yeh, they SHOULD be letting us apply tomorrow... but not.
6 choices :O Mannn I only have 2 :/

What you thinking of putting down? x
Reply 187
Original post by benjii
Whoo!! Me too :biggrin:
Ba or Bsc??

Woohoo!
Bsc, what about you?:smile:
Reply 188
6 choices :O Mannn I only have 2 :/

What you thinking of putting down? x

If it does turn out to be 6... (I'm doubtful of everything at the moment)

1. John Foster Premium Single
2. GMS Premium Single
3. GMS Premium Ensuite
4. GMS Standard Single
5. John Foster Premium Ensuite
6. John Foster Premium + Ensuite

it'll look like that.

Quote me if you want a reply!

[QUOTE=grape[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30222079]If it does turn out to be 6... (I'm doubtful of everything at the moment)

2. GMS Premium Single
3. GMS Premium Ensuite
4. GMS Standard Single

it'll look like that.

Ooo I really dont know what to get :/ cuz I want an ensuite aha

Mines so far:

1.) GMS premium ensuite
2.) John Foster Premium ensuite

Where did you read it was 6? Silly accommodation people :frown:
If it does turn out to be 6... (I'm doubtful of everything at the moment)

2. GMS Premium Single
3. GMS Premium Ensuite
4. GMS Standard Single

it'll look like that.

Mines so far:

1.) GMS premium ensuite

Where did you read it was 6? Silly accommodation people
Reply 191

Mines so far:

1.) GMS premium ensuite

Where did you read it was 6? Silly accommodation people

This time it wasn't an answer I got from the 'accommodation people' :P I got the answer from someone here on TSR
Postgrds choose at least 3, undergrads choose at least 4
This time it wasn't an answer I got from the 'accommodation people' :P I got the answer from someone here on TSR

Oooh fair enough :smile: looks like I need to think of 4 more then -_-

Internet sites like these give me more information than the actual accommodation people haha! :P
Reply 194
Oooh fair enough :smile: looks like I need to think of 4 more then -_-

Internet sites like these give me more information than the actual accommodation people haha! :P

I know! Me too! That's if that information is correct... haha!
Cool. Although they are liars! Seriously annoying... apparently their website has updated now to say that it'll be early March... urgh... it's a new story every day.

omg whaaattt?? fail. -__-" on the bright side at least we get more time to decide which accommodation to go for hahaa xD
Reply 196
Original post by omnom515
omg whaaattt?? fail. -__-" on the bright side at least we get more time to decide which accommodation to go for hahaa xD

I'm glad you've found a bright side :P haha x
Can we actually submit our application forms for accomodation now? coz whenever i try to do it it only comes up with the 'returning undergraduate' option :/ and i thought we could start applying from today?
No, we get information sent to us between now and end of march.
Reply 199
Original post by alienshex
Can we actually submit our application forms for accomodation now? coz whenever i try to do it it only comes up with the 'returning undergraduate' option :/ and i thought we could start applying from today?

They told me that we could apply today when I phoned them previously, but I think they've changed their minds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending