Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys,

I have found a lump in my groin. It's on the inside of my leg, next to where my scrotum starts and it seems to be under the skin. It feels like a spot does when you push on one, but it isn't red and has no head. I'm aware I need to be on the lookout for lumps on my testicles, but this is not actually on my genitles, it's just in the groove between my leg and scrotum.

Is there any gland there that could have just flared up, or should I get it checked out?

(I know you're not all Drs, and I should get it checked out if I'm worried, but if someone has had a similar experience, it saves wasting the Dr's time.)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You do have lymph nodes there (like the ones you have in your neck that swell up when you have a throat infection). Not all that clued up on what swelling there is caused by... as far as i know causes of the swelling can range from nothing to worry about to something very serious.
    But if it's worrying you I wouldn't hesitate in going to your GP. I would, personally... just to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    Do you shave around there often? It's probably a really annoying in-grown hair

(Original post by ellakrystina)
    Do you shave around there often? It's probably a really annoying in-grown hair
    I've never shaved there

I'll give it a week then get it checked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've never shaved there

I'll give it a week then get it checked out.
    It could still be an in-grown hair as skin would be rubbing together in the area causing the hair to grow funny. But yes, give a week and get it checked out

ReputationRep:
    Go to the Doctors right now, it's a fetus!

ReputationRep:
    I have quite pronounced lymph nodes cos' I'm skinny.

Are you skinny?

It is likely to just be a lymph node that is either enlarged or you just haven't noticed it before, that said go to the doctors anyway - I did and it all got sorted. The doctor will have seen it a million times before.

ReputationRep:
    maybe it's your penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys,

I have found a lump in my groin. It's on the inside of my leg, next to where my scrotum starts and it seems to be under the skin. It feels like a spot does when you push on one, but it isn't red and has no head. I'm aware I need to be on the lookout for lumps on my testicles, but this is not actually on my genitles, it's just in the groove between my leg and scrotum.

Is there any gland there that could have just flared up, or should I get it checked out?

(I know you're not all Drs, and I should get it checked out if I'm worried, but if someone has had a similar experience, it saves wasting the Dr's time.)

Thanks!
    It could be an inguinal hernia. But get it checked out, very unlikely to be sinister.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.