Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to know what students who have studied Japanese at the University of Newcastle think since I'm having a hard time choosing between Newcastle and Manchester.

so just your opinions and thoughts on all aspects of the course please

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate is Japanese, he has alot of british friends doing Japanese that he's helping, they all seem to enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't do Japanese but my Japanese lang peers seem to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhYumMilk)
    I don't do Japanese but my Japanese lang peers seem to enjoy it.
    Thanks
    Do you know anyone who does Linguistics? I'm most likely going to accept my offer for Linguistics with Japanese at Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBzombie)
    Thanks
    Do you know anyone who does Linguistics? I'm most likely going to accept my offer for Linguistics with Japanese at Newcastle
    I don't. None of them do Linguistics with Japanese... if you have the capability to go to another uni with more Japanese scripts in their library then go there but Newcastle is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. None of them do Linguistics with Japanese... if you have the capability to go to another uni with more Japanese scripts in their library then go there but Newcastle is awesome.
    I've already firmed the offer but thank you for telling me about how few scripts they have, I can now prepare myself for that.

ReputationRep:
    I've already firmed the offer but thank you for telling me about how few scripts they have, I can now prepare myself for that.
    Aahahahaha ok xD Apparently Durham Library has loads of scripts, books ect on Japan and China... Newcastle Uni has the old ones. Whatever you do... if you see a module called Introduction to Chinese Culture... DONT TAKE IT.

*cough cough*

ReputationRep:
    Aahahahaha ok xD Apparently Durham Library has loads of scripts, books ect on Japan and China... Newcastle Uni has the old ones. Whatever you do... if you see a module called Introduction to Chinese Culture... DONT TAKE IT.

*cough cough*

Ok so don't take introduction to Chinese culture... why?

ReputationRep:
    Ok so don't take introduction to Chinese culture... why?
    Well, because it was a badly organised module. But do what you like! I wonder if they'll even have it this year since that last teacher was a temp... Otherwise, all the other modules are handled properly.

ReputationRep:
    Well, because it was a badly organised module. But do what you like! I wonder if they'll even have it this year since that last teacher was a temp... Otherwise, all the other modules are handled properly.
    oh ok Thanks for the warning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.