Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I need to do primary research to find out what people think of these programs and how they affect the audience!

Choosing from:
    • How to look good naked
    • 10 years younger
    • & Supersize .VS .Superskinny

Which program do you think has the biggest positive effect on its audience?

and/or

Which program do you think has the biggest negative effect on its audience?

Extra questions: (You don't have to answer these if you don't want to, the above question is most important!)
    • Have you or anyone you know been affected by these shows? (Like decision to get surgery or lose/gain weight/update wardrobe/ get shape wear/ meet a dermatologist/health expert )
    • If you’ve only seen one or two of these shows what did you think of it?
      (For example: was the presenter helpful or harmful? Does it send out a good message about body image, do you find the show hypocritical or inspirational?)

• Which show would you most like to be on if any and state why if you can!

ReputationRep:
    anyone? D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaceyShoes)
    Hi, I need to do primary research to find out what people think of these programs and how they affect the audience!

Choosing from:
    • How to look good naked
    • 10 years younger
    • & Supersize .VS .Superskinny

Which program do you think has the biggest positive effect on its audience?

and/or

Which program do you think has the biggest negative effect on its audience?

Extra questions: (You don't have to answer these if you don't want to, the above question is most important!)
    • Have you or anyone you know been affected by these shows? (Like decision to get surgery or lose/gain weight/update wardrobe/ get shape wear/ meet a dermatologist/health expert )
    • If you’ve only seen one or two of these shows what did you think of it?
      (For example: was the presenter helpful or harmful? Does it send out a good message about body image, do you find the show hypocritical or inspirational?)

• Which show would you most like to be on if any and state why if you can!
    1) I think how to look good naked has the biggest positive effect, 10 yearss younger the most negative effect
    2) I have been affected in my thinking but not in to actual action e.g. dressing to my shape but not having lipsuction
    3) Gok Wan is great, that supersize man is a loser who makes you feel huge and I can't remember who does 10 years younger. But overall, the best presenter is Gok Wan as he is happy and upbeat about so called "fat" women and he sends out a very positive message about body image, the show is very inspirational
    4) I would most like to be on how to look good naked as I would love to learn to love my figure for what it is - not change it which is what the other shows promote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyWellyWoo537)
    1) I think how to look good naked has the biggest positive effect, 10 yearss younger the most negative effect
    2) I have been affected in my thinking but not in to actual action e.g. dressing to my shap but not having lipsuction
    3) Gok Wan is great, that supersize man is a loser who makes you feel huge and I can't remember who does 10 years younger. But overall, the best present is Gok Wan as he is happy and upbeat about so called "fat" women and he sends out a very positive message about body image, the show is very inspirational
    4) I would most like to be on how to look good naked as I would love to learn to love my figure for what it is - not change it which is what the other shows promote
    Thankyou for the feedback!
    O u O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.