Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Day After the Vote: What will YOU do? Watch

• View Poll Results: What will you do after the vote to increase tuitions?
    Stomach the pain and pay
    45.45%
    Go Ballistic
    4.55%
    Go Study abroad
    13.64%
    Can't afford studying, have to find a job
    9.09%
    I will.....(add what ever you will do)
    27.27%

ReputationRep:
    Ok Guys, unless some magic happens we probably all agree that the house will vote in favour next thursday. So taken this as given, what will you do?

ReputationRep:
    If I was applying for 2012 I would 'stomach the pain' and pay.

I don't know why anyone would tick 'can't afford studying, have to find a job' as everyone can afford it; you need to word it better tbh.

ReputationRep:
    get ready to protest against the other **** the government is doing

ReputationRep:
    The same as I would if it wasn't the day after the vote.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to 'Stomach the pain and pay' or the 'Can't afford studying, have to find a job'. I wish some posters here would read what the bill will entail before posting rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I am so mad at Nick Clegg for backtracking on his promise and i will definately not be voting for him next election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark091)
    I am so mad at Nick Clegg for backtracking on his promise and i will definately not be voting for him next election.
    I have very little sympathy for Lib Dem voters, particularly the ones who selfishly voted for them simply because they would abolish tuition fees.

Tory and Labour voters have been telling you lot for years that Lib Dems are full of crap and could get away with promising anything they liked on the basis that they would never be in power to enact any of them. So many people were sucked in by this empty rhetoric during the TV debates pre-election and are now suddenly up in arms, throwing fire extinguishers about over Clegg's alleged backtracking. Get real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    You don't have to 'Stomach the pain and pay' or the 'Can't afford studying, have to find a job'. I wish some posters here would read what the bill will entail before posting rubbish.
    How is a tax rise not a pain you have to stomach?

Can't afford, sure I understand your point there, but its still a decrease in future living standards compared o the year group before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark091)
    Do you live in Sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    Wake up with a dirty hangover, probably.

ReputationRep:

jk, probably pay with discontent.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in believing that the hike in tuition fees won't affect current uni students?

If I'm wrong, then i'll probably feel a bit of a lurch in my stomach. But I guess begrudgingly i'd have to pay. I'm already 1 year into it, after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grth)
    Am I right in believing that the hike in tuition fees won't affect current uni students?

If I'm wrong, then i'll probably feel a bit of a lurch in my stomach. But I guess begrudgingly i'd have to pay. I'm already 1 year into it, after all.
    That's right, it only affects students starting courses in 2012 onwards, not those who are already in uni.

If the Bill is passed, then I pledge to strike Nick Clegg off my Christmas card list.
    Oh who am I kidding, I could never stick to such a promise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    That's right, it only affects students starting courses in 2012 onwards, not those who are already in uni.

If the Bill is passed, then I pledge to strike Nick Clegg off my Christmas card list.
    Oh who am I kidding, I could never stick to such a promise...
    You may have just made my day. Certainly a bit of a weight off my shoulders...

(Original post by JohnDoldon)
    Ok Guys, unless some magic happens we probably all agree that the house will vote in favour next thursday. So taken this as given, what will you do?
    As another poster has pointed out, the "can't afford studying" option doesn't make sense. The government does (and will) loan everyone who needs money to go to university.

ReputationRep:
    The same as I would have normally done.

ReputationRep:
    Have a fees party - champers and caviar all round.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.