The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Solent 2011!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hurr Durrr
I too have taken a gap year and would like to go to Solent, although I have to admit after reading some of the comments on this forum, I may be required to think again :frown:

Hopefully most of It Is just rivalry, as I really like the look of it!

i dont know why people say so many bad things about solent! i admit it doesnt have the best reputation, but at the end of the day uni is what you make of it! no matter where you are! and im just going into my 3rd year at slent and i absolutely love the uni, the city and the people! It's a good uni!
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Im just going into my 3rd year at Solent doing Criminology! I LOVE course and the uni, its not a big uni and it doesn't have a great reputation BUT don't listen to the bad things people say who never even went to that uni! Decide for yourself! BTW if there's any future Criminology students here, join our solent criminology society of facebook!
get ready for the best 3 years of your lives and some messy messy nights! wooooooo! bring on freshers 2011/12! good luck everyone!
hi guys, i am applying to psychology and was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about the department and the lecturers?
Reply 63
Accepted unconditional for solent, actually can't wait to get out of London..!

Guys, ignore all of the haters, you will love Solent. Everyone is really friendly and it's the perfect uni if you wanna party (the courses are good too though - don't forget that)!

I've just finished my first year studying magazine journalism which I loved! Would recommend this course to anyone. The work experience opportunities are fab too so get involved with whatever you can. The journalism courses also run trips to Paris, New York and Tokyo which is amazing.

In terms of halls, it doesn't matter where you are, it's who you're with! Besides, if you really don't like where you're put, you can change it when you've moved in.

I think someone mentioned LFW and Chantry? LFW is separate flats, so you're only sharing with like 6 or 7 other people. Chantry is in corridors so there are nearly 40 to a floor, but only 9 or 10 per kitchen - so if you get fed up of people in your kitchen you can just walk down the corridor to someone else. There are more people in LFW so you do meet more people and there's always a party going on, but you get to know everyone in Chantry and become a 'little' (if you can call 200-odd people little!) family. And non-ensuite is no problem as you hardly ever have to wait to use the loo or shower as there are plenty.

Hope this helps. Have fun!
Reply 65
conditional on computer games development
Original post by spartietis
conditional on computer games development

conditional :/ shouldn't you know your results by now
Reply 67
I've got an unconditional offer for Film Studies so shall be going to Solent!
Anyone else doing Film?
Reply 68
HIHIHI
is anyone in the emily davies flat?
april xoxo

Quick Reply

Latest