The Student Room Group

Slaughter and May response time?

Hi Guys,

Applied for Slaughter and May nearly 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. From peoples experiences, how long does it take Slaughter and May to get back to applicants on whether they have been invited or rejected for an interview?

Thanks for your help.

C
Call them.
Reply 2
I wouldn't call them just yet - I have applied more than a month ago (on 2 November) and haven't heard back either. A few people on here have also had similar waiting times until they heard back from Slaughters.
Reply 3
Although, on that note, if I don't hear from them this week, I might write to their HR Manager to inquire about my application, as I also applied to another firm for an Easter scheme and I am pretty sure they will get back to me quite soon.
Reply 4
Original post by hmaus
I was discussing Slaughters with someone on here who told me the first round of TC interviews is done and they are now going to do a round of vac scheme interviews before going back to TC applicants - so that info might be useful to bear in mind. Don't think it's a bad sign at all if they are taking their time - they just have a lot of applications to get through!

Eve is your other Easter app JD? I am hoping to hear from them soon too in response to my TC app.

Re Slaughters, I applied for their Easter scheme (apps opened on 1 November) and their Summer scheme apps opened on 1 December. I did mention I'd be happy with either though and their HR Manager has said that, if I don't make the cut for Easter, they will reconsider me for the summer. Maybe that's the reason they are taking so long?

My other Easter app is Ashurst - I really like them, so, if by any chance I get Slaughters (which I very much doubt!), I will be begging Ashurst to consider me for the summer VS instead.

I also applied to JD, but for the summer VS. It has been a month and I am yet to hear anything from them.
Reply 5
Appreciate the replies. I applied for the TC, their website stated they take around 2 weeks to reply so I thought I would ask you guys.

So ball park figure is 4 weeks? I'll give them a call by middle of next week.

C
anyone had a VS interview at the firm? any tips on what to expect, what it's like, how many get interviewed? mine's next week; so nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending