Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What girls would go for a 5'4" guy Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

EDIT: I am 20 by the way .

ReputationRep:
    Either go for really short girls, really young girls (not recommended), girls who aren't shallow, or wear high heels.

(Original post by emmielociraptor)
      Either go for really short girls, really young girls (not recommended), girls who aren't shallow or wear high heels.
      Option 3 is hard to find. :emo:

ReputationRep:
      Get rich. (or die trying?). They'll change their tune.

ReputationRep:
      Either go for really short girls, really young girls (not recommended), girls who aren't shallow or wear high heels.
      But even they never go for short guys . One reason that I heard was it is because they dont want to be labelled as "the short girl with a short boyfriend".

ReputationRep:
      Aaah yes, just when I thought there weren't enough "Am I too short?" threads going on, this has saved the day! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
      There's not "type" who are going to go for shorter guys so asking that was kind of pointless. It's like saying "Do all blonde girls only date guys with blue eyes?" it's ridiculous.
      Unfortunately you're just going to have to try and find girls who aren't shallow about height - it may take longer but hopefully it'd be worth it.
      I'm 5"4.5 and I'd date a guy who's 5"4 as long as he didn't have big issues with me being pretty much the same height as him and didn't get upset if I wanted to wear heels on a night out.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Divine Potato)
      But even they never go for short guys . One reason that I heard was it is because they dont want to be labelled as "the short girl with a short boyfriend".
      Then those short girls are shallow

I'm 5'2" and I don't care how tall a guy is, I just prefer it if he's taller than me (not a crucial factor). But at 5'2" that's not too difficult.

ReputationRep:
      Then those short girls are shallow

I'm 5'2" and I don't care how tall a guy is, I just prefer it if he's taller than me (not a crucial factor). But at 5'2" that's not too difficult.
      Hey I know this guy who's 5'4''.....yeh that's right, 2 whole inches taller than you HAHA

ReputationRep:
      My boyfriends quite small but then im really small so it works well So short girls

ReputationRep:
      Either go for really short girls, really young girls (not recommended), girls who aren't shallow, or wear high heels.
      i don't think its shallow for a 5'8 girl not to go for a 5'4 boy

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bexxeh)
      My boyfriends quite small but then im really small so it works well So short girls
      Is it true small guys have a small....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rugbyladosc)
      i don't think its shallow for a 5'8 girl not to go for a 5'4 boy
      True. Being honest about sexual preferences is not shallow. OP, try humor. I know a physically deformed guy who has a really nice girlfriend thanks to his natural wit. If he can do it despite his really ugly face so can you.

ReputationRep:
      There are girls who don't mind. My sister is 5'4 and went out with a guy who is barely 5' , people made fun of them but she didn't care, he was a bit sensitive about his height. I'm 5'7 I would date someone who is 5'4, the question is whether a shorter guy would be comfortable dating a taller girl.

ReputationRep:
      One of my best friends is going out with a 5'4" guy, and she's 5'7!

(actually not too sure on their heights, but guessing based on mine which is 5'6". She's definitely a lot taller than him anyway :p:)

ReputationRep:
      http://www.instablogsimages.com/imag...Dh6M_22975.jpgbe funny

ReputationRep:
      I would.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Divine Potato)
      I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

EDIT: I am 20 by the way .
      don't get short with me.

ReputationRep:
      well, its not too good if a guy is too tall as well. I'm 6ft2 and i find thats a perfect height for me, but i wouldn't want to be any taller :/ Dude just be glad that your height is the only problem you have, you could have it much worse.

ReputationRep:
      I'm 5'4''. He's 5'5''. Perfect.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.