Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Re-do A-levels? Appreciate some advice-which country to pick for University? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Think I may have posted something similar before, but would appreciate some advice.

On hols in UK at mo, living in Australia though. Have previously lived in UK half my life. Took a stab at uni in Australia, course not good though so reapplied to another uni (only 3 main ones exist in Queensland).

Ever since I left however, have had a nagging feeling that I should have gone to uni here, courses seem much more diverse (am wanting to study English Lit/history, of which Australia does not have alot of) and better quality.

Ever since I finished my A-levels I've had a bunch of regrets regarding my education, was always an A grade student, predicted AAB for A-levels, but got BBC which was a huge disappointment. My folks started getting divorced that year and I really stopped caring to be honest and I regret letting it get in the way of studying, and I never really threw myself into my degree in Australia.

Is it best just to start afresh with a uni I feel confident in, without all this hanging over me?

Am I being silly and just thinking the grass is greener on the other side?

I'm also seriously thinking about re-taking my A-levels so I can get the AAA/AAB I should have got last year.

What do you think?

Sensible, not trollish feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I'm possibly looking at Glasgow or Birmingham if I stay here...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.