Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

taste beer for the first time Watch

ReputationRep:
    ok im muslim so i know im not suposed to drink alchol but anyway when i went on holiday i drank a carlsberg non alcholic and it tasted absoultly like ****, im just curious since i play football and im muslim is this how beer tastes like, i thought it woul be something like err sweet or something im not sure

ReputationRep:
    It tasted like **** because:

- It's Carlsberg
    - It's non-alcoholic

Get some of this in you:

ReputationRep:
    Carlsberg is an Awful beer. It probably on of the worst beers in the world.

ReputationRep:
    No lager is nice first time, especially non alcoholic carlsberg.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think many people like the taste of their first sip of beer, but it grows on you like red bull.

Just clocked that you tried non-alcoholic beer, there's your reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)

- It's Carlsberg
    - It's non-alcoholic

Get some of this in you:

david camerons beer

ReputationRep:
    You need to drink (Alcoholic) beer a fair bit before it actually tastes good. However given that you're Muslims I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon so I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    just drink alcopops, like a real man

ReputationRep:
    depends. its like marmite, you either like it or you don't.

- It's Carlsberg
      - It's non-alcoholic
      This.

Although, saying that, beer is certainly not universally liked even when it's alcoholic and non-Carlsberg. If the OP is looking to sample tasty alcoholic drinks, perhaps it's best to give cider a go. Almost everyone I know likes cider, but perhaps only 60% or 70% like beer.

ReputationRep:
      Beer is rubbish and no matter how many you try it still tastes like piss.

ReputationRep:

Now that is a drink!

ReputationRep:
      I always used to take sips of my dads beer when I was a wee lad, and I would always pull a sour face and go "ew dirty bath water". Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
      try kronenbourg or peroni, both great beers. or grolsch. but if you really cant drink alcohol because of your religion dont bother drinking beer at all. non alcoholic beer is like going to the beach when its not sunny

ReputationRep:

- It's Carlsberg
      - It's non-alcoholic

Get some of this in you:

Partial to the Fuller's range myself.

ReputationRep:
      Tasted my first beer a couple of years ago and it still tastes like **** to me, I have yet to come across an alcoholic drink that I like; really can't believe the taste is so widespread. Many agree that it tastes like sick, but are able to drink it anyway; I literally gag at the taste. Not sure what I'm going to drink at uni, though at least it means I will never have a problem with alcohol...

Hoegaarden or any other white beer. :sexface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.