Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fleas - Frontline experiences? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My elderly dog has caught fleas from my friend's cat, and I used Frontline on him as soon as possible, whilst vacuuming and spraying as much of the house as I could. Over a week on and I'm still spotting live adults on him and having to manually grab and drown them in a bowl of water!

Does this mean frontline isn't working? I think it's too early to give him a second dose, and I'm having a houseguest in a week and am dreading having to tell them we have fleas

ReputationRep:
    Flea spray isnt the answer you need to spray the house, not the animal. Fleas will go for anything they can including humans! so spraying the dog does nothing cos they just move on.

Something like indorex is pretty good, spray it in the room and the fleas should go

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised Frontline didn't work...
    Did you already wash everything that's machine washable at high temperature?
    i know it's annoying but really helpful

ReputationRep:
    frontline works for my dogs, are you sure you did the correct dosage? xx

ReputationRep:
    if it's a particulary bad infestation you need to go crazy on those fleas. Wash everything the dog has been near at a high temp. Whilst this is doing, wash the dog with some kind of flea shampoo - 4fleas is fairly good, as you can't frontline the dog again. before washing the shampoo out grab a nit comb and go old school on those buggers - get every little place that you your dog will let you get to (inc under legs and touch to reach areas), (Just think how pretty their coat will look afterwards too!). Before you replace the furnishings you washed, go indorex on the house. Get every little place you possibly can.

If that doesn't work... see a vet!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.