Here's an intresting riddle for you all... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    ok, When young, I am sweet in the sun.
    When middle-aged, I make you gay.
    When old, I am valued more than ever.
    what am i?
    i'm guessing wine

What can travel all around the world, but only stays in one place?

ReputationRep:
    lolz, how can wine make you gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio)
    i'm guessing wine

Something orbiting the earth in the opposite direction to the earths rotation and at the same speed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taslima)
    lolz, how can mine make you gay?
    pissed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio)
    i'm guessing wine

yay! you have iori as your av! personally.. i lve king, prefer kyo (to iori) and rolento!! hehe

ReputationRep:
    lolz, how can wine make you gay?
    gay is happy in this riddle and when you are drunk you can be happy, usually are

ReputationRep:
    Three guys went to a hotel manager for a room. The manager said a room would be $30. They all paid $10. The bellman took their luggage up to their room, but when he came back down the manager told him that he charged $5 extra for the room and to bring the $5 back. The bellman was mad though because the guys didn't tip him so he took $2 and gave the men $3 back. So each man ended up paying $9 for the room. 3 people x $9 = $27 but $27+$2 = $29

where did that extra dollar go?
    The answer is nothing. I've got that riddle in my riddle book and thats the answer.

Heres a good one. You are in a room with 4 walls, a ceiling and a floor. There are no doors and no windows, yet you can exit the room whenever you want to. How do you do it?

ReputationRep:
    Is it something between the pun on whole and hole? cos i heard one like that but i can't remember it.

ReputationRep:
    Three guys went to a hotel manager for a room. The manager said a room would be $30. They all paid $10. The bellman took their luggage up to their room, but when he came back down the manager told him that he charged $5 extra for the room and to bring the $5 back. The bellman was mad though because the guys didn't tip him so he took $2 and gave the men $3 back. So each man ended up paying $9 for the room. 3 people x $9 = $27 but $27+$2 = $29

where did that extra dollar go?
    it can be 27 if you look at it this way, hmm the total expenditure for the trip is 27 since the room cost 25 and the butler took 2

ReputationRep:
    The three boys, Richard, Harry and Charlie were arguing about who was going to sleep where.

After 20 minutes or so of constant squabbling their Mother had had enough.

"Right, that's enough from you three! Harry will sleep on the top bunk, Charlie will sleep on the bottom bunk and Richard will sleep at the back!" she shouted.

What transport were the family sleeping on?

ReputationRep:
    What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment but never in a thousand years?

the letter m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The answer is nothing. I've got that riddle in my riddle book and thats the answer.

Heres a good one. You are in a room with 4 walls, a ceiling and a floor. There are no doors and no windows, yet you can exit the room whenever you want to. How do you do it?
    thats really hard.. do the walls actually connect together properly

ReputationRep:
    ok i've got a couple. I used t have a riddle book so i'm just trying to see if i can remember any

There is a man that lives in a 10 story flat. Everyday he gets the life down to the ground floor to go to work. However, when he returns he always gets the lifet to the 4th floor and then walks the rmainder of the way up the stairs. Why does he do this? (and it's not because he likes the exercise

A woman was trying to escape from her country (a) to a neighboring country (B). The only way that the woman could leave the city was by an old bridge. It took aproximately 9 minutes to cross the bridge. IN addition, there was a guard tower in the middle of the bridge. From inside the tower, the guard can not see what is happening on teh bridge but the guard comes out of his tower every 5 minutes to check that there was no one crossing. If he saw anyone trying to escape using the bridge from country A he was under orders to shoot them dead. IF he saw anyone trying to cross the boarder from country B, the guard was to send them back to their own country. On the bridge there was no where to hide. The woman did indeed manage to escape her country and get safely across to country B. How did she do this?
    (it wasn't because the guard did not come out of his tower. He did.)

summary

If guard saw someone walking from country A to country B they would be shot

If guard saw someone walking from country B to country A they would be turned back.

The woman went from country A to B

ReputationRep:
    geostationary orbit satellites do indeed travel but seem to stay at the same point.

the man is too short and so can only reach number 4 when coming home.

woman was travelling from A to B. she was not escaping the bridge, but escaping using the bridge (either the eiddle is badly phrased or im right), the guard was order to shoot anyone doing so. the woamn was not trying to cross the border from B but from A to B so she was not sent back. I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    geostationary orbit satellites do indeed travel but seem to stay at the same point.

the man is too short and so can only reach number 4 when coming home.

woman was travelling from A to B. she was not escaping the bridge, but escaping using the bridge (either the eiddle is badly phrased or im right), the guard was order to shoot anyone doing so. the woamn was not trying to cross the border from B but from A to B so she was not sent back. I think.
    sorry i missed out the using the bridge bit. But you're not right. First one was right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    There is a man that lives in a 10 story flat. Everyday he gets the life down to the ground floor to go to work. However, when he returns he always gets the lifet to the 4th floor and then walks the rmainder of the way up the stairs. Why does he do this? (and it's not because he likes the exercise
    He's too short to reach any lift button above 4 (so he can press G for ground going down in the morning, but can't press 10 in the evening)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.