Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thoughts?! I can't decide whether I like it or not.

Info here:

http://www.facebook.com/about/profile/

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it, If i'm happy with what i've got and I've been using it for a while, I will generally stick to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not liking that best friend bit. It's like myspace all over again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, I pressed 'get new profile'. Can people now see my profile like this or is it just me? Is there any way to reverse it lol?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it. Not sure why, I just do.

Although there's going to be the usual phase of everybody whining about it when it becomes obligatory, only for them to forget what it looked like initially about a week later.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry.

GoogleMe will be out soon and everyone will use that for a number of reasons.

1. Its going to have gmail integrated
    2. Its going to have google maps integrated
    3. its possibly going to have integration from Twitter/Facebook/eBay/Last.fm and other services. Basically the integration with Facebook will let you transfer friends and then shut down your Facebook account.
    4. It has the search engine built in
    5. Google Chrome is beast just as anything else Google create, except for Buzz.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is going in the direction of MySpace - the graveyard of social networking websites.

ReputationRep:
    They've changed my face.

Not fond of it, I don't like change. Just keep it as it is, where I can use it. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it because it's new.

No, I hate it becuase of the weird intensity on pictures across the top of the page.

No, I hate it because I'm tired.

But I do like tagging pictures with "check ins" though.

ReputationRep:
    I like it! Not that I go on facebook much, but I think it's quite cool.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't used facebook for weeks, I wonder what awaits when I log back in.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it, does everyone now see my profile like that or is it just people who changed it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    Facebook is going in the direction of MySpace - the graveyard of social networking websites.
    Have you changed yours back, if so, how?!

ReputationRep:
    They give too much info and lol it'll be a bit weird to separate your friends into categories lol

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I think the day is approaching when I lose interest in facebook and come off it. Not that I have a massive interest in it now, just I have it and use it to message people, I rarely put anything on it.

But some of these new things they bring in are change for the sake of change and I don't like it.

For me the glory days of facebook were around 2006-07. It was only students who were on it, you weren't paranoid about who was looking at your profile, and from a stalking point of view it was better because nobody else was paranoid, so if you found anybody fit on your university network the odds are you could view all their profile and all their pictures.

ReputationRep:
    I like the bit at the top, but the friends bit is turning a little bit Bebo. I hope you can opt out of that, it looks childish.

I'll get used to it. I only really use Facebook for FB Chat anyway.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
      Oh crap, I pressed 'get new profile'. Can people now see my profile like this or is it just me? Is there any way to reverse it lol?
      I know how to fix this just send me your facebook name and password.

ReputationRep:
      I don't like it. It's too much like a dating site imo.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.