Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mosquito Bite Infection Watch

Announcements

TL;DR: I've had an infection for about a month now from what I'm guessing was a mossy-bite (got plenty in summer) and I'm just wondering whether it's worth seeing a doctor about or if you lot have any tips.

It's on the top of my arse (giving more reason not to see GP) and appears (using 2 mirrors at once to see) just like a red patch, not bad at all. Despite this when I press on it with a tissue blood or 'gunk' might come off, sometimes none does at all and it feels like it isn't there then another time it will be bleeding quite badly.

Does this sound bad or like it will go away with time? It is a lot better overall than it was at the start but then sometimes it will get bad again for a bit.

Another reason to worry is that I was in Thailand for a month this summer, and although it isn't a malaria country it is next to some malaria countries - so it could be benign malaria (since I have no symptons)- but I've heard from many sources that the chances of getting malaria there are virtually none and the chances of it being benign are even smaller, and I'm not convinced that I've had this insect bite that long.

All comments welcome, cheers for reading.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.