Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well im a year 13 student , and i've noticed a girl, she is in year 12, and we first talked together during some small event at sixthform and i think we clicked, with her staring at me while i wonder away,and seems she is interested in me, or so i think. Anyhows just befeore the last weekend i added her on faceboook, messaged her several times and finally got her number after 4 days of talking with her. Because of this treacherous english weather, sixthform has been closed all week and i haven't been able to see her since, Tomorrow, being monday, i will get the chance to see her, but finding it difficult thinking of a way of approaching her and hopefully asking her out....

Can i get some tips here

ReputationRep:
    Erm " Hi/Hey " - If you find it hard to say that then you've got severe issues good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Erm " Hi/Hey " - If you find it hard to say that then you've got severe issues good luck
    Welll..... sayin hi/hey, doesnt get me really far i can do that no problem, the thing is i want to approach her in a way that if she isn't intrested, it wont seem so awkward thereafter.

You get my drift ?? NO?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why don't you take her on a coffee date or something first or cinema etc.

ReputationRep:
    "Do you want to go for coffee?" is usually acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    with a stride, try not to bop though.

ReputationRep:
    Left foot, Right foot, Left foot, Right foot... 'Hi,'... 'Soooo what are you doing at lunchine today?...'

ReputationRep:
    If you can lure her into a seedy bar somehow, then it's more acceptable to simply come out with "Do you want to have sex?"

ReputationRep:
    Ask her to have lunch with you.
    Don't trip up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Ask her to have lunch with you.
    Don't trip up
    Speaking from past experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Speaking from past experience?
    How d'you figure that one out?
    Just for the record, I've never asked a girl out for lunch. Or tripped up afterwards..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_prodigy)
    Welll..... sayin hi/hey, doesnt get me really far i can do that no problem, the thing is i want to approach her in a way that if she isn't intrested, it wont seem so awkward thereafter.

You get my drift ?? NO?
    Just say hi how are you, then tlk to her about the show you're at or something

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she believes in spells...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Ask her if she believes in spells...
    ?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she has any free lessons when you have free lessons, if so ask her if she wants to go into town/get some coffee/have casual sex or whatever you think is appropriate.

If she doesn't have free lessons and she's interested then she should propose doing it on another day, if she just says 'Nah sorry I don't' it's a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_prodigy)
    Well im a year 13 student , and i've noticed a girl, she is in year 12, and we first talked together during some small event at sixthform and i think we clicked, with her staring at me while i wonder away,and seems she is interested in me, or so i think. Anyhows just befeore the last weekend i added her on faceboook, messaged her several times and finally got her number after 4 days of talking with her. Because of this treacherous english weather, sixthform has been closed all week and i haven't been able to see her since, Tomorrow, being monday, i will get the chance to see her, but finding it difficult thinking of a way of approaching her and hopefully asking her out....

Can i get some tips here
    start with a hello then then ask how her week has been, if she is making positive body language, then offer her if she fancy going out with you for a coffee etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    How d'you figure that one out?
    Just for the record, I've never asked a girl out for lunch. Or tripped up afterwards..
    The funniest thing is when the person you ask is the one that trips over :p:

ReputationRep:
    Someone asked me out once, and I fell backwards off my chair. I was also laughing, which didn't go down well at the time.

Believe it or not, we're still friends.

ReputationRep:
    you must open with the line 'hello'

From behind.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.