Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Next Gen Gaming: PS4 Vs Xbox 720 (with pics and poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: I prefer the design of the...
    PS4
    39.53%
    Xbox 720
    60.47%

ReputationRep:
    These images are design concepts for the next generation Sony and Microsoft gaming machines.

So which do you prefer?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Both look horrible

They both look awful. The PS4 looks like something you would buy for a childs 5th birthday and the xbox looks like some sort of alien egg ready to hatch. Seriously who in god's name likes the look of those? They are awful.

ReputationRep:
      As if having the playstation vs xbox debate wasn't annoying enough for the ones that actually exist, we have to have it for potential future ones too? :shifty:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
      As if having the playstation vs xbox debate wasn't annoying enough for the ones that actually exist, we have to have it for potential future ones too? :shifty:
      I was only asking people to say which one they preferred the design of. Christ, people need to chill out.

ReputationRep:
      They both look crap :/
      the PS4 looks like worse tho

ReputationRep:
      None of them would look good in my living room I must say.

ReputationRep:
      they look ok but think might need to be redesigned

ReputationRep:
      Both of them look crap. I would put money on neither of them looking like that when they are released too.

ReputationRep:
      well with any luck these will never exist :tongue: but I prefer the xbox one because that looks less like something by fisher price :erm:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Both are fugly, but the ps4 concept design looks like something from the 1980s not the 2010s.

ReputationRep:
      The PS4 looks like the bottom of a mop, and the Xbox 720 looks like a rejected Halo prop.

ReputationRep:
      Allow me to make some predictions for the next generation of consoles:

-They will have much bigger fans and much more vented cases, OR they will suffer from overheating problems similar to the RROD.
      -They will still not be as good as any half-decent gaming PC.
      -There will be even more on them you can't do without having them connected to the internet.
      -Sony will find a way to prevent games from being sold second-hand, like requiring online registration and locking each game to a particular PS3, or selling mainly via the download market.

ReputationRep:
      I bet none of them will look like this, I saw a different picture for the PS4 the other day. I don't really like the xbox though, it looks like a mini alien spaceship.

The PS4 looks like a really old Nintendo console I used to own. Can't remember what it was called anymore.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by The Cornerstone)
        I don't really like the xbox though, it looks like a mini alien spaceship.
        And what's wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Chucklefiend)
        And what's wrong with that?
        It's fugly what more can I say?

ReputationRep:
        PS4 looks like an old kids toy.

The Xbox 720 looks weird.. But I actually like it quite a lot.

I'm sure that neither of them will end up looking anything like this though.

ReputationRep:
        I like the XBox but just because it looks so insane.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.