Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Humourous things you've heard whilst eavesdropping Watch

ReputationRep:
    Walking through Cambridge on Friday (if you know Cambridge well, it was just crossing Emmanuel Road between New Square and Christ's Pieces) and I heard someone behind me say, "It was just such a banterous situation!" ... and, of course, certain videos came to mind. :lol:

What are some amusing things you've heard whilst eavesdropping (because let's not pretend it's not eavesdropping)?

I'm deaf.

ReputationRep:
      On the bus, some man was on the phone talking about his sex addiction and how he has to see some one about it, i was like:K:

ReputationRep:
      Cambridge open day (in all seriousness)- "That's not an idiom, you cretin!"

Two old ladies in Mcdonalds- "It's all Gordon Ramsay's fault!" (would love to know what they were talking about)

ReputationRep:
      Blonde Tangerine 1: "Whoa, look these pound coins have different pictures on the back of them!"
      Blonde Tangerine 2: "Maybe one's from Australia"

Line 1 had me laughing. Line 2 straight after nearly made me die.

ReputationRep:
      An ******** in the next flat block to me had been jacking my phone cable.He could listen to my conversations and I could listen to his, though I didn't know where he was at the time.Heard the phone ring.Gave his name.He was calling NHS 24 to tell them that he's stuck a chocolate bar in his girlfreind and she was bleeding badly and her skin had gone white, the woman suggested that she be taken to hospital.Saw her then being loaded into an ambulance outside my house and come back a few hours later.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ColonelMoore)
      Blonde Tangerine 1: "Whoa, look these pound coins have different pictures on the back of them!"
      Blonde Tangerine 2: "Maybe one's from Australia"

Line 1 had me laughing. Line 2 straight after nearly made me die.
      That made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
      "My therapist said I could benefit from attending some anger management classes,"
      "Well you know, maybe he's right, he is a proffessional after all."
      "Why the **** do I need anger management though?! I haven't got any anger issues at all! He's just a ****ing ****."

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bazlehman)
      An ******** in the next flat block to me had been jacking my phone cable.He could listen to my conversations and I could listen to his, though I didn't know where he was at the time.Heard the phone ring.Gave his name.He was calling NHS 24 to tell them that he's stuck a chocolate bar in his girlfreind and she was bleeding badly and her skin had gone white, the woman suggested that she be taken to hospital.Saw her then being loaded into an ambulance outside my house and come back a few hours later.
      :eek: I don't know whether or not to believe this!

ReputationRep:
      On the train, I was sat in front of a guy (25ish) who was on the phone.. and he was talking quite loud.

Something about sleeping with someones sister :teehee:
      It was a little awkard because as soon as he said that, everyone there kind of just stared at him.

ReputationRep:
      I was in Debenhams and there was this mid-20's couple shopping together, holding hands, laughing together and genuinely looked like they're having a good time getting all lovey-dovey.

Then the girl starts looking at some clothes and the guy's is giving his thumbs up "wow that would look great on you" lines.
      Then she says "babe, can I ask you a favour please? "

and he's like "yeah yeah sure babe, anything for you darling :love:..."

she asks "can I borrow £15 please I really want to buy this top :flutter:"

guy: ":dry: NOOOO! :angry:

[awkward silence]

girl: :cry2::cry2::cry2:

me: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I laughed so much, it was just a classic moment!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by balface)
      :eek: I don't know whether or not to believe this!
      True story.Cost me a lot of moneys which virgin eventually wiped.Didn't confront the fellow though, it was evident by his conversations he was a drug dealer and already had a tag.Hopefully he will chock to death on minge blood.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.