Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It really irritates that these still exist and sway the opinions of people including architecture university admissions.

You will be please to know that is how some people 'slip' into some of highly sought after schools of architecture in this country.

What do you guys make of it?

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of it but then the schools in NI are pretty much disconnected from those in the rest of the UK. Tell us the stories?

ReputationRep:
    This seems really interesting. I also would like to know certain stories. My maths teacher is a Mason and he is a lovely chap. I love the conspiracy stories behind Freemasonry. Is architecture as strongly connected to this society as I guess it is?

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously this society and its members are hardly going to be signing from the rooftops about how they snook in the backdoor without applying or filling in application forms. But they didn't and they got in. Whatever means it was I don't know.

I can't really eloborate without whisteblowing certain examples and individuals and I dont wnat to to do so on this forum for obvious political reasons. I was just wonderings if anyone else had 'smelt' anything in their university, where grades/events occured where you thought.. hmm that doesn't seem right, or you just wondered that there was some additional 'jiggery pokery' going down.

ReputationRep:
    wikileak or gtfo

ReputationRep:
    I hate to be the non-believer, but unless you can provide some concrete evidence of this happening, I really doubt it is; or at least, not to a large extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    I hate to be the non-believer, but unless you can provide some concrete evidence of this happening, I really doubt it is; or at least, not to a large extent.
    Agree.

Is all of this 'masons and secret clubs' business not just 99% hype and a convenient excuse to hide bitterness and resent.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.