Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any other girls out there with short hair ...and what cut? Mine is in an asymmetrical pixie and I LOVE IT. Had it in so may different short cuts and I'm never going back to long

ReputationRep:
    I used to have really short hair, now its really long. Sometime I miss it being short but only really because it short hair is so much easier to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    Haha it really is...the only downside is you can't just tie it up on bad hair days

ReputationRep:
    I have short hair I think mine would be described as an asymmetric (sp?) pixie cut.

ReputationRep:
    Short-ish hair can be hawt:coma:

ReputationRep:
    I've had short hair for about 5 years now and I love it In the case of bad hair days, you can stick a hairband or a hat on.

ReputationRep:
    I have short hair. Sometimes I just can't it to look right but otherwise I love it and much prefer it to longer hair.

ReputationRep:
    i love my hair short, it looks terrible long so short is really only way for mine to be. not sure of the technical term for it but its a bit like frankie from the saturdays hair (shorter on one side, thats who the hairdresser gave me as an example when she described it anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Mine's a graduated bob with a side fringe, but its curly so you don't see the style as much.

I'm considering a fringe.. :0 xx

ReputationRep:
    I've had mine short for the last couple years and decided to grow it out now. It's shoulder length. IT'S KILLING ME HAHA I WANT SHORT BACK. But when I have it short and it grows a bit I always think hmmm wouldn't it be nice long. So I'm trying to be patient, have it a bit longer....then chop it all off again I have been really admiring Kathy from Friends' haircut. THAT IS GORGEOUS.

lol so much caps I got a bit excited!

ReputationRep:
    Short hair ftw. Mine genuinely does look so much better short than it does long. When it was long, no matter what I did it refused to look nice, apart from a few times when I had a lot of time and a whole lot of luck, lol.
    I know a lot of people hate on short hair, but in some cases it is definitely the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    i have short hair and love it!
    Asymetric pixie aswell, i definately suit it better shorter

ReputationRep:
    I have an asymetrical pixe cut, my hair dresser was not keen on doing it as apparently tall people don't pull it off as well. Much prefer it short so do others.

ReputationRep:
    Mohawk like Annabella Lwin's

ReputationRep:
    I used to have it in a bob when I was younger. I'd like to have it short, but my face isn't delicate enough. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Mine's a graduated bob with a side fringe, but its curly so you don't see the style as much.

I'm considering a fringe.. :0 xx
    Never heard of a graduated bob lol but google images shows they are quite nice

I'd love to have a short bob or pixie cut but i have a round face so i don't think it would suit, and i worry it would make me look like a boy lol

ReputationRep:
    This thread needs pics! I've always had long hair - shoulder length or below, it's waist length at the moment - but I'm curious about short hair! I love mohawky styles but I have a round face and I'm not very brave xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutsu)
    This thread needs pics! I've always had long hair - shoulder length or below, it's waist length at the moment - but I'm curious about short hair! I love mohawky styles but I have a round face and I'm not very brave xD
    How round, though? I was worried about my face too before I got it done, but it actually flattered the shape more, whereas I was worried the hair'd be nice in spite of what it did to my face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    I've had mine short for the last couple years and decided to grow it out now. It's shoulder length. IT'S KILLING ME HAHA I WANT SHORT BACK. But when I have it short and it grows a bit I always think hmmm wouldn't it be nice long. So I'm trying to be patient, have it a bit longer....then chop it all off again I have been really admiring Kathy from Friends' haircut. THAT IS GORGEOUS.

lol so much caps I got a bit excited!
    I'm exactly the same! I've been growing mine out for ages and it's shoulder length but now I'm thinking CUT IT ALL OFF and going for a Carey Mulligan style pixie cut.

This is how I had it about two years ago and I loved it (Yes, sorry for the poser arty contrasty shot, not sure what I was thinking there)

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad that the short haired girls can't advertise for L'Oreal.

Other than that I don't think there's much style to be done with short hair. =]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.