The Student Room Group

Who is more shallow, men or women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Yawn11
I once saw a facebook group that said "there's a little truth to comments like 'just joking'". :eyeball:

Can't get one past me, no sir. :colonhash:

I see, and because it's on facebook, it must be correct :tongue:
Original post by Mr.j
Lol at this coming from a misandrist :biggrin:

:rolleyes:
Reply 22
Original post by Sam89
I see, and because it's on facebook, it must be correct :tongue:

Yeah of course, why would facebook lie to me?

Next you'll be saying Wikipedia is full of lies too. lol women.
neither, the concept of relationships themselves are shallow. GENERALLY... Guys just want sex and an attractive female makes that experience better. Females just want security, whether that's financially or physically (and someone to be the topic of conversation with their friends). It's the trade off thats shallow
Well, put it this way. I'm a guy. I met a girl through a friend a while back, who instantly thought I was 'cute'; within a few hours she had fallen for me in a big way. She was definitely attractive, but I barely knew her - so at the time was not attracted to her. Even though I really wanted to find her attractive, I didn't make a move because that would have been unfair on her. Nonetheless, she seemed a nice enough girl - so I got to know her over a few months (whilst she was making it very clear that she wanted to go out with me). I began to realise that she had a great personality, and was a much more interesting person than I originally thought. A few months thereafter, I became strongly attracted her - because I actually knew her. Bear in mind that, however attractive she was, her looks alone were not enough to arouse me.

Lo and behold, she wasn't interested any more (funny that), and has now got off with another guy who- from my own heterosexual perspective when facebook stalking- I would describe as 'cute'. It has recently left me feeling extremely crap and insignificant. I'm very frustrated that I had a chance to ask her out yet didn't take it. It is also for this reason that I am incapable of getting a girlfriend in general. I am a guy who is frequently called 'cute' by females, but every girl I get to know goes for someone else before I have a chance to even know them and therefore find them attractive.

I think this is proof that girls are stupidly shallow. Conversely, as a very normal guy, I think I am proof that most guys are not.
Reply 25
Absolutely and unequivocally women...
This is a very stupid idea for a thread. It's obvious people are just going to bash one gender in a completely generalising way.

People can be shallow. I don't think there's any essential difference between the sexes.
I think both sexes are shallow when looking for a shallow relationship, ie sex.
Reply 28
Women are JUST as shallow as men.

This is all.
Reply 29
Surely to ask this question you need some mechanism to quantify 'shallow'. As it is it's kind of a vague, poorly defined term that everyone has a general idea what it means, but nobody has a clue how to compare two different values of it.
Depends on the individual.
Reply 31
We are all shallow to some degree...but most people of both sexes with eventually settle :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending