Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fallout new vegas - as good as fallout 3? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm playing fallout 3 again on PC, after selling my xbox version, and have to say I love it so much, its even better 2nd time round! Is NV as good, or better? What does everyone think. I mean PC really, there is a chance I will have to sell xbox to pay my rent, but I could ask for this for xmas

ReputationRep:
    i thynk it is gr8. 1 tyme, i drank loaaaaaaadddsss of alcohol, and endd up in da gutta.

ReputationRep:
    Fallout New Vegas is way, way better.

For me, Fallout 3 was a monumentally good game, my favourite. Fallout New Vegas takes it to a new level. The story is SO much better, longer and there are so many different ways to play the game (on different sides etc.). Your actions also have more consequences.

Hardcore mode is also really good - I found on Fallout 3 that even on 'Very Hard' I just kicked the **** out of everything and it was too easy. Hardcore mode just makes it that little bit more challenging.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a fair bit slower than FO3.

That's probably because I haven't gotten too far and I've got hardcore mode on, though.

I'm not too keen on the two factions either. But that's only a minor point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Seems a fair bit slower than FO3.

That's probably because I haven't gotten too far and I've got hardcore mode on, though.

I'm not too keen on the two factions either. But that's only a minor point.
    -Two- factions? Oh you are so naive there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    -Two- factions? Oh you are so naive there.
    Just looked it up.

The factions I didn't consider factions, were factions.

I'm not sure... I've found it hard to get into, but I suspect that was because I (misguidedly!) got too excited about its release and played a marathon Fallout 3 game... completing a LOT of the sidequests and all 5 expansion packs, and using a ****load of the best mods... and by the end my character was basically unstoppable (especially as I took Grim Reaper's Sprint... and I'm not against using VATS ).

So, anyway, NV arrived and I started playing, and I can definitely see that it's a good game, but the unfortunate side effects of so much FO3 was that I missed being my badass character destroying everything in my path effortlessly, and also that I was just a bit bored of the format.

Like I said though, objectively I think it's probably a far superior game. From what I played, the tone is much darker, and it's much more atmospheric.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.