Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My dad is very very ill and refuses to go to the doctors! Watch

ReputationRep:
    my dad is suffering from sever chest pain (started a few days ago) he hasn't left the house in 2 days and looks very ill. he gets out of breath even when he walks. He usually smokes a lot but ever since the family problem he has been smoking triple =( this is all my fault, he is hurt, disappointed and very ill. he refuses to go to his GP and my mum has been trying so hard to persuade him =( he told my mum he wants to die so that I can live my life the way it pleases me and can be happy I really dont understand why he is behaving like this, he said that I have let him down and he is very ashamed of me and he blames himself for everything I've done! I really want to call an ambulance before anything bad happens to him. I try to stay out of his sight so that I don't remind him of all the pain I’ve caused him and my mum =( I Really don't know what to do? shall i call his doctors and book him an appointment, although i know he will get very angry and won't go or should i try and talk to him, he will ignore me but I would do anything (even stop all my contact with my bf) if it means he would go to the doctors.
    my life has changed so much in the last one week, everything and everyone is suddenly against me, I can hardly concentrate on my studies (currently doing A2 and need to get AAB) because of my dad's health and missing my bf(stopped seeing each other coz my dad was against us, only told to him on msn) but the main thing here is my dad. I reallly don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    He's like the opposite of your user name.

ReputationRep:
    Get the GP to visit and get the old boy sectioned.

ReputationRep:
    You make a thread like everyday, you're either a very dedicated troll or an attention seeker.

Either way, no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. You're doing A2? And you need AAB? And your dad's illness is distracting you?

I'm so sorry, I hate the thought that you might not get AAB. And that stuff about your boyfriend? Tragic. Best of luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    Drug him, take him to the hospital and handcuff him to a bed and make sure hes treated.
    No, really, theres bugger all you can do except ask him to see sense or get him sectioned as above said..

ReputationRep:
    You can't control what your Dad does. You've been pretty vague about everything there so it's hard to gauge your relationship. Just make sure he knows you want him to go to the doctor. I'm sure if he was genuinely worried he'd go though. Studies are retakeable. I'd work on fixing the health of and your relationship with your Dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-love-life)
    my dad is suffering from sever chest pain (started a few days ago) he hasn't left the house in 2 days and looks very ill. he gets out of breath even when he walks. He usually smokes a lot but ever since the family problem he has been smoking triple =( this is all my fault, he is hurt, disappointed and very ill. he refuses to go to his GP and my mum has been trying so hard to persuade him =( he told my mum he wants to die so that I can live my life the way it pleases me and can be happy I really dont understand why he is behaving like this, he said that I have let him down and he is very ashamed of me and he blames himself for everything I've done! I really want to call an ambulance before anything bad happens to him. I try to stay out of his sight so that I don't remind him of all the pain I’ve caused him and my mum =( I Really don't know what to do? shall i call his doctors and book him an appointment, although i know he will get very angry and won't go or should i try and talk to him, he will ignore me but I would do anything (even stop all my contact with my bf) if it means he would go to the doctors.
    my life has changed so much in the last one week, everything and everyone is suddenly against me, I can hardly concentrate on my studies (currently doing A2 and need to get AAB) because of my dad's health and missing my bf(stopped seeing each other coz my dad was against us, only told to him on msn) but the main thing here is my dad. I reallly don't know what to do
    I thought you told him over the phone with your dad listening then he came to your house?

ReputationRep:
    why does your dad have a problem with your bf? if you clear that up, i can decide whether he thinks the guy's personality is an issue and he is concerned about you or whether he is against the relationship for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    call your gp home and have him checked...

ReputationRep:
    Just call an amberlance or try and get a go to your house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    You make a thread like everyday, you're either a very dedicated troll or an attention seeker.

It's the first one, who's betting that there'll be another thread on here in a few days saying her dad is died and that she feels really upset because she loves him but also relieved cause she can see her BF and OMG is she a bad person for thinking this???
    etc etc :rolleyes:

(Original post by reisen)
    I thought you told him over the phone with your dad listening then he came to your house?
    Poor troll can't even remember their own story.
    Professionalism ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    It's the first one, who's betting that there'll be another thread on here in a few days saying her dad is died and that she feels really upset because she loves him but also relieved cause she can see her BF and OMG is she a bad person for thinking this???
    etc etc :rolleyes:

Poor troll can't even remember their own story.
    Professionalism ftw.
    Agreed. The only thing more frustrating than a troll series, is the individuals who get sucked in by this nonsense.

ReputationRep:

how do u know she's trolling? what if she's telling the truth? people who go around saying "troll" think they're so cool...you people sicken me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    how do u know she's trolling? what if she's telling the truth? people who go around saying "troll" think they're so cool...you people sicken me
    If you read what I wrote, troll or not doesn't really matter.

I sicken you? Really couldn't care less.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    I'm afraid she's managed to mix up her story with her 'boyfriend'. If this were not a troll I'm fairly sure they'd remember their own break-up story.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. The only thing more frustrating than a troll series, is the individuals who get sucked in by this nonsense.
    I suppose it may be more believable if you hadn't seen her previous posts, but as is....
    • TSR Support Team

Lets just hope her Dad isn't watching over her shoulder as she's writing this.

ReputationRep:
    call your gp and ask him for advice on what to do, if he refuses to make a home call, call an ambulance, better safe than sorry. chest pain can seriously be dangerous and if he's talking about dying it's definetly serious.
    you wouldn't want to regret not taking action if something did, unfortunately, happen to him these days, would you?

and if he gets mad at you just tell him its for his own good and you're doing it because you love him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.