Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am currently writing my proposal to study an accountancy qualification. I decided to go for ACCA rather than ACA. I graduated in 2008 at Uni of Bristol with a degree of Accounting and Finance, which means I have F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 and F9 exemptions. For the P papers, they build on the F papers, and because it has been a while since I graduated, I dont know whether it worth not taking the exemptions and do the exams OR do the tuition only for those exempt papers with kaplan and take the exemptions?

However, when I was browsing on kaplan website, they commented about knowledge gap course, which I couldn't find much info about it. Can someone explain what kind of course is that? and is it worth doing that instead of taking the tuition only route for my exemptions?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about the course - but you could just buy the books for the exempted papers and recap in your spare time - would be cheaper than a course

ReputationRep:
    Reading from other post, they said best not to take the exemptions o.o opinions?
    If I just took F6 F7 and F8 and went straight onto P1-3 and options, would I struggle badly?? According to Kaplan Soton, they said F4, is not required in other modules, is that true?
    I looked on the ACCA syllabus, on F1-F3 I reconigsed 70%+ of the stuffs, just need to rejog my memory. What are the Kaplan lectures like? brief mainly self study? or more like uni lectures?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.