Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    IB is horrible. I am a 9th grader and I recently joined IB at the begining of the year, I was told it was gonna be hard but I had no idea it was this hard. I thought I could take it at the begining, I was doing pretty good too, but my dad says anxiety runs in the family and I have always felt it, so with IB it started to feel like overload. But i just kept at it, because i don't want to quit. But now, i'm starting to burn out, I can't do it anymore. I am so stressed out all the time, and i never feel like doing my homework at an attempt to relax and release stress but it never works out because i try to do it all at the last minute. I have already decided to transfer to my neighborhood school next month, but I'm not sure what to do till then. Should I try to work? But its incredibly hard, I border mental breakdowns since I'm so stressed, and this burn out feeling makes me really not want to do it anymore. So instead should I just stop trying so hard, just do a bit of work but not give my best and not kill myself in this last month?:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.